Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Dry skin

(8 Posts)
juliavaness1963 Tue 27-Sep-16 19:00:46

My toddler has dry skin on her arms and legs does anyone else have this problem ( it's not eczema)

moodykingfisher Tue 27-Sep-16 19:05:21

Have you tried aveeno? there is one you can put in the bath and a moisturiser too. Both my girls had this and it worked a treat, actually use it myself now.

juliavaness1963 Tue 27-Sep-16 21:38:06

No but I will thank you smile

ishouldcocoa Tue 27-Sep-16 21:43:10

See if you can get more oil into her diet - avocado, oily fish (salmon, sardines etc) and use olive oil, too.

The two pronged approach should sort out the dry skin - oil from within and outside application of more oil!

juliavaness1963 Wed 28-Sep-16 07:04:13

Great advice thank you !! X

williwonti Fri 30-Sep-16 00:19:04

Coconut oil worked for my son when all else failed.

cheeseycharlie Sat 08-Oct-16 22:47:34

Paediatrician dermatologists usually start you on aveeno (get prescription if poss as its about £8.50 per tube in the shops).
If it doesn't clear up then you find yourself working your way through everything off the shelf and over the counter until it clears up either from product use or growing out of it.
I'm sure you already thought of this but do have a think about whether you introduced any new products like laundry detergent, fabric conditioner, air freshener, body wash, etc etc that might have coincided with the skin condition.

For me the only total fail safe has been a porridge sock: take a nylon knee high sock, put in about a fistful of porridge oats, tie a knot in it, put it in warm bath, allow the milky stuff to come out of the oats into the bath, bathe the child and squeeze the wet porridge sock onto the affected area. Seems to help all skin conditions and reactions including chicken pox, dermatitis, eczema.

juliavaness1963 Sun 09-Oct-16 09:19:35

Thank you I will certainly try that one I don't really want to start down the road of prescription creams/medicines if possible

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now