Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

beware buy of a website and your warrantee is worthless, beware hot tub and pool covers!!!

(3 Posts)
user1466322435 Sun 19-Jun-16 10:06:10

I bought a replacement hot tub cover from www.poolandspacovers.co.uk and a little over half way through the 12 month warrantee they offered, the stitching pulled through the cover, and has now gone on most corners, tried to get hold of them for months, then I went back to original website, it had been sold, they said they would approach the supplier the previous owner used, clearly a poor quality product, a month of haggling, sending pictures they wanted, how much had we used it, etc, then they sent this email, washing their hands of the matter, saying trading standards have told them their website has changed hands and although identical they do not have to honour any warranties, what can I do??
Date: 17 June 2016 at 17:30:58 BST
To: pinchyinch
Subject: Re: Hot tub cover (Paul Inch)
Reply-To: Dave Appleby <dave@saturnspares.com>

Hi Paul,

After speaking with trading standards this afternoon regarding the old warranty agreements, issued when the previous company (The Water Cover Company Ltd) were in control of www.poolandspacovers.co.uk, I have been informed of the following:
All warranties issued before the point that we (Saturn Spares Distribution Ltd) took over the website, do not in any way, have to be honoured by us. If the customer does want to take the issue further they would have to speak to the previous owners of the website – who’s accounts are now closed as of December 2015.
This is because of the website itself not being a company of its own, therefore making it impossible to attach legal liability to it. We basically just act as an agent as we sell products through the platform, and are only responsible for upholding agreements that Saturn Spares Distribution Ltd have made.
I am glad we finally have a clear answer to this recurring issue, and we can now move forward from this knowing exactly where we stand.
If anyone feels the need to check the validity of the information in this email, they can be advised to call the trading standards agency themselves and quote REF:1368898.
With this in mind if you wish to contact the previous owners or even the manufacturer who supplied the warranty please feel free to do so. Again the manufacturer's contact details are as follows:
E: info@selectivecovers

And guess what? They will not respond, so beware and don't trust what the website says, it can all change over night, maybe before you even get your product!
Pinchy

ThoraGruntwhistle Sun 19-Jun-16 10:16:47

Are you sure you want to post all of that if it's got people's real names in it? Sorry for your trouble and all but you may want to report and have the names removed.

fuckincuntbuggerinarse Sun 19-Jun-16 10:19:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now