Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

GPS Tracker for kids

(6 Posts)
Letsgetreal Mon 06-Jun-16 12:29:49

Can anyone recommend a reliable (and hopefully cheap) GPS tracker that is suitable for a 6 year old?

Most of the ones on Amazon etc don't get good reviews or are insanely expensive.

Not looking for one that does lots of different things - just simply gives an accurate location. Any that a child would be happy to wear.....

Thanks for any help

MachiKoro Mon 06-Jun-16 12:32:06

Does your child have additional needs? It an inordinate amount of time unsupervised?

Letsgetreal Mon 06-Jun-16 13:12:45

Not especially - its more to give the wife peace of mind when she takes the 6 year old and the 6 month old on holiday on her own in the summer.

chocspreadandnana Fri 19-Aug-16 15:03:17

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

FlyingTigerCat Sat 15-Oct-16 19:33:49

Try moochie for kids.

MycatsaPirate Sat 15-Oct-16 19:39:17

'the wife'

Honestly I wouldn't bother. I'd spend time teaching your dc about safety, what to do if he/she gets lost and who are safe people to ask.

If I'd lost my child I'm not sure I'd be up to trying to work an app to locate them and I'm not 100% sure how accurate they are. Normally within an area I assume which means if your wife lost the dc on a beach and dc was showing up as being on the beach then it would be pointless.

Look into things like a wrist strap with contact details in emegencies (mobile numbers etc, name of parent) and just teach your child that it's important to always know where mum is and not to wander off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now