Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

HELP! Best bottles to buy whilst breastfeeding!?

(6 Posts)
daisy0mw Wed 25-May-16 15:18:47

I'm not due until August (I know plenty of time to decide!) but I'm a first time young mum so panicking about getting everything done - but I'm so unsure of which bottles to buy that can be used and work best whilst breastfeeding. Both sisters have had babies, both used Tommee Tippee and both didn't like them, one used Dr Brown and will recommend them so so much and the other used Avent bottles and swore by them also - but neither of my sisters breastfed their babies. My sister-in-law has also just had a baby and she uses Tommee Tippee, but baby has really bad colic off of that so she is having to give him lots of medicine as she doesn't want to change his bottles. I've seen the breastflow, MAM and Avent Natural bottles but so so unsure of which to go with as I want to be able to use a pump also as my partner wants to be able to feed her as well as me but we both decided we wanted to use breast milk. (Do all pumps fit onto all bottles also?) I know every baby is different and everybody says different things about bottles but I'm just trying to find out the best of all bottles. PLEASE help as I'm stressing and want to get everything sorted way before she arrives! At the moment - MAM and Avent Natural are my winning 2 but I don't know of anybody who has used the bottles and pump whilst breastfeeding.

p.s - feel free to mention any other bottles that worked for you as I'm not ruling any bottles out and would love to hear about all bottles possible! Your help will be MUCH appreciated!! smile

Icklepickle101 Wed 25-May-16 15:25:04

Mam have worked really well for us and they make s pump which fits the bottles. The bottles are also self sterilising which is a bonus!!

Icklepickle101 Wed 25-May-16 15:26:15

Nuby have also worked well for us, afraid it's not easy to plan ahead as your baby may not like a certain type of bottle!

HumTiddlyTum Wed 25-May-16 15:29:18

MAM works for us.

My pump is tommee tippee, I just express as normal and store the milk in the storage bags from boots. I tried the tommee tippee bottles and they didn't work well for DD, not sure if they were too close to being a "breast" but different iykwim. Anyways, she couldn't figure it out!

Kennington Wed 25-May-16 15:30:05

NUK
I bottle and breast fed for over 2 years as they are slow flow and rubbee

DearTeddyRobinson Wed 25-May-16 15:36:34

Annoyingly, every baby will prefer something different! My DS was happy to switch between boob and Tommee Tippee.
My top tip (which is total sacrilege according to BF 'experts') is to start the baby on the bottle really early. Then they can learn both bottle & boob and easily switch back & forth. DS never had 'nipple confusion'.
DS2 prefers a nipple shield but he had breathing problems at birth so latching on was difficult for him. He is happy with both TT and Avent bottles.
Btw I use the Medela Swing pump and just pour the expressed milk into a bottle, as I just can't figure out the weird Medela bottles confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now