Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Mooncups

(8 Posts)
apple1992 Mon 04-Apr-16 22:36:51

I'm not sure if this is the right place.. But noticed these on the shelf next to tampons in Boots so decided to give it a go!

Does anyone use? Any useful advice?

Muchtoomuchtodo Thu 07-Apr-16 20:08:37

Yes - go for it!

It'll save you a fortune in the long run.

Search on here and you'll find loads of threads about them.

Fourarmsv2 Thu 07-Apr-16 20:09:32

They're fab. Love mine. Takes a bit of getting used to but do persevere.

Hadagutsful Thu 07-Apr-16 20:16:18

They sell them in Boots now?? Good stuff. Though I'm currently out of love with mine, since DS3 I can't seem to get mine to sit right thanks to my cavernous fanjo Don't be disappointed if it takes a bit of practice, (also I use washable pads as well as using my mooncup for peace of mind). Oh, and trim the stem. grin

fuzzywuzzy Thu 07-Apr-16 20:18:10

Yes I cut the stem off completely too.

Remember also mooncup sits much lower down than tampons.

When removing bear down and pinch on the sides to break the suction and gently wriggle out.

GingerAndTheBiscuits Thu 07-Apr-16 20:19:33

Yes but first couple of months were a bit of a learning curve. Love it now though!

fuzzywuzzy Thu 07-Apr-16 20:21:08

Also make sure you keep the tiny little holes near the top of the mooncup clean otherwise it will leak.

apple1992 Thu 07-Apr-16 20:27:48

Thanks all!

I cut the whole stem off on the first day, and found it quite painful to remove the first few times but (touch wood!) seem to have got the hang of it now. Hoorah for not spending £2.90 on a box of tampons!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now