Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

CALPOL vapour plug

(8 Posts)
hufflepuf Sat 26-Mar-16 21:07:23

Hi

Quick question, DD is full of a cold so bought the above but the instructions state that it should not be plugged into an extension lead. The problem is that DDs room only has one plug not covered by furniture and we need it for the baby monitor. Does anyone know why it's not supposed to be plugged into an extension?

Thanks

HarrysMummy17 Sat 26-Mar-16 21:10:52

I think perhaps because it's supposed to be upright? That's just a guess though.

dylsmimi Sat 26-Mar-16 21:14:34

Can you swap and have the baby monitor on the extension and the calpol plug in in the plug?
Or if you can't can you put one of the inserts near her bed but out of reach and she may get some benefit - similar to a karvol capsule but it won't be as strong as plugging in?

hufflepuf Sat 26-Mar-16 21:17:33

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately there is only one plug socket so the extension lead goes in that and then the monitor in the extension lead. Thanks for the idea about the refills though, I might try that. I also have some infant olbas oil so I could try that instead on a Muslim cloth tied to her cot. What do you think?

dylsmimi Sat 26-Mar-16 21:19:43

That would work as long as it's out of reach.
Or you could vaporise some in a bowl of boiling water (again out of reach) to fill the room then leave a Muslin cloth with some more ol as oil overnight ?
Hope she feels better soon it's horrid when they are ill

hufflepuf Sat 26-Mar-16 21:21:42

Thanks dyl, great idea. Husband plugged in the vapour user before I read through the instructions and I think it's too strong anyway!

MamehaSan Sat 26-Mar-16 21:27:55

We use our plug-in with an extension lead, as we have a similar issue to you re. accessible sockets. The only possible reason we could think of why the advice is to plug directly into the wall is so that the thing is kept upright. We stand the extension lead socket on its side and sit the plug-in on a paperweight (it just happened to be the right height) so that it stays upright. It always works fine, never had any problems with it.

If you do find a way to use the plug-in, you may want to consider putting some black electrical insulation tape over the nightlight plastic window, btw - DS likes his room dark and it was lighting the place up like a Christmas tree!

Or yes, if you're not convinced about using the plug-in with an extension lead, olbas oil on a muslin cloth would be ok, but not as long-lasting as the plug-in. You'll get a bit of an effect if you put the plug-in pad somewhere near your DD's cot, but it won't be as effective. Stating the obvious, but just make sure it remains out of her reach, as there are all sorts of warnings on them about not touching them as they're an irritant. I hope she gets over her snuffles soon.

hufflepuf Sat 26-Mar-16 21:44:56

Thanks mame that's really helpful, I might try that tonight, I just wanted to make sure than it wasn't dangerous in any way!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now