Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Best tablet for kids

(4 Posts)
BornToFolk Wed 20-Jan-16 09:50:38

Sorry, I'm sure this has been done to death but I couldn't find a recent thread...

DS (8) had a Hudl 1 but the charging port has finally, permanently failed sad so I'm looking for a replacement.

Apart from the charging port issue, we both really liked the Hudl 1. DS mostly used it to play games, bit of internet browsing, YouTube use etc.

I'm tempted by a Kindle Fire so that he can also use it to read books but would a Fire Kids Edition be better? Or something else entirely? Budget is probably around £100.

dementedpixie Wed 20-Jan-16 09:53:59

The kindle fire isn't android so you would not get access to the same apps. You can put a kindle app on any tablet so not just limited to kindle fire.

BornToFolk Wed 20-Jan-16 10:34:29

Oh, I didn't know that the Fire wasn't Android. That does kind of put me off...any recommendations for good, cheap Android tablets?

dementedpixie Wed 20-Jan-16 11:14:51

My 2 have samsung tablets but may be above your price limit. Don't know what else is good

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now