Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Appaulling Mothercare Stratford Customer Service

(3 Posts)
mwinram Wed 02-Dec-15 13:57:04

Anyone else had a truly terrible experience in Stratford East London Mothercare? I made the mistake of buying 4 pairs of my first (very expensive) maternity tights 3 days ago from there, found the first pair I wore incredibly uncomfy on my tummy, and tried to return the unopened pairs today. Got a store manager who could only say 'computer says no' without a smile or any empathy. Top tip - Seraphine maternity tights actually comfy, cheaper (£5 for 15 denier rather than £8 for 20 denier) and you won't have to face awful Mothercare customer service. I've emailed the CE to complain (after Mothercare customer service helpline cut me off twice and said they couldn't help as stores autonomous) so will be interested to see if he cares about customer service.

NerrSnerr Wed 02-Dec-15 16:38:44

Lots of shops won't let you return tights, like you can't return knickers. I know Accessorize won't let you either. They weren't faulty, just not to your taste so I don't think they've done anything wrong.

mwinram Sat 05-Dec-15 22:30:35

Head office responded quickly and agreed it was appalling service (this wasn't about the basic policy, although that seems harsh for products in unopened original packaging) it was about the awful in store staff attitude and failure of their customer service line to respond to that. Now working my way through M&S and Boots pregnancy tights to compare with Seraphine and see which last best. All cheaper than mother care.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now