Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Changing tables / chest of draws

(7 Posts)
Trickytricky Thu 16-Jul-15 13:37:23

Hi all,

I'm struggling to find a changing table which is reasonably priced. I've looked at www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/70167218/ and www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-changing-table-white/p231348017 but both look a bit flimsy and the reviews aren't great.

Does anyone have a recommendation?

cosmicglittergirl Thu 16-Jul-15 13:40:08

I had that ikea one, it was very sturdy. However, I've just had DD2 and I got rid of it (free cycle) and just change her and DD1 on the bed/floor, I didn't really need a change table.

Pootles2010 Thu 16-Jul-15 13:43:36

Expensive for what they are, aren't they? I just stuck a changing mat on a chest of drawers, and DP put me a shallow shelf just above head height that i kept pile of nappies, wipes etc on.

nottheOP Thu 16-Jul-15 13:46:28

Yeah, just get a changing mat and if you're back is okay you can use it wherever. If you have a section or a bad back, you just need something at the right height. We bought this for DS's room, it did the trick in terms of storage and height www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/00062597/

Snowflakepie Thu 16-Jul-15 13:48:11

If you can't find one you like, you don't have to get one at all. The bed or floor will do nicely. In fact if your LO is anything like my DD was you will be safer without. As soon as she could move she would fight like a demon at every nappy change.

Do bear in mind that people with complaints tend to post reviews more than those happy with something. Not much help overall though, sorry.

dragonflyinthelillies Thu 16-Jul-15 13:52:49

We've got the ikea one and i think it's great for the price.
I know its one of those things that people say is a waste of money but i find it so useful and its definitely saved my back.
Also you can never predict when your gonna have a poonami or they'll pee whilst changing and it keeps body fluids contained instead of spilling over onto bed/sofa/carpet!

dragonflyinthelillies Thu 16-Jul-15 13:54:18

Edit. It's not that ikea one we've got actually. We've got the cheaper one that's bout 20 quid ish. Sorry!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now