Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Disney infinity

(7 Posts)
momwhereismy Sun 05-Jul-15 19:22:25

My nearly 7 year old keeps asking about Disney infinity/skylanders for birthday etc. However his mother is not up to date! What in gods name is it? I know he needs the characters but how many would he need to get by? I've got a Wii in the attic that I could give him. What is the game actually about.
Thanks in advance

eatyouwithaspoon Sun 05-Jul-15 19:28:10

My 6/7year old prefers infinity and 9 year old likes Skylanders. The starter packs have everything you need to get going but more stuff makes it more jnteresting Both look like a load of old rubbish to me but i'm old grin

EddieVeddersfoxymop Sun 05-Jul-15 19:32:19

My DD has infinity for the playstation. It's a game, that you plug in a portal to your console and you place the figures on it. The figures work in an area called the Toy Box which is where you can design and build your own world.

You buy playsets which are basically another piece you place on the portal. These playsets match the films and characters i.e Monsters University, or toy story etc all look the same as the films. In the playsets you have various missions to complete, just like a regular computer game.

You also buy power discs to place under the characters on the portal to make them stronger, or change the backgrounds, or develop a special power etc. Does that make sense?

momwhereismy Sun 05-Jul-15 19:38:33

I'm the same I think its nonsense because the characters don't really do anything do they that a normal computer game does.
I think so, its been helpful :D thanks. Do you know can I use a normal Wii?

EddieVeddersfoxymop Mon 06-Jul-15 15:57:20

Yes you can use a normal Wii for the older infinity sets, not too sure about the new ones that are out. We use it on a PS3, but the new sets are for PS4 only. Pop into a Game store, they will keep you right

vienaa Sat 18-Jul-15 11:39:57

We have infinity on the xbox, kids love it we have both versions Disney and marvel the only downfall is that none of the crystals from the original set will work on the Marvel set or the crystals on the marvel on the original, when you play in play set mode but you can use the characters in toy box mode.

als30 Sun 19-Jul-15 12:00:59

I got my daughter the 1st Disney infinity (Xbox 360) for Xmas there as didn't think she would like the new one as its all the superheroes so got another one instead with characters from brave etc she plays both more so the 1st one as the graphics are better you can buy separate characters
So far we've got Mike and scully (monsters inc) mater lighting McQueen and another cars character Anna and elsa etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now