Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Treadmill considerations

(1 Post)
purplebiro Sat 14-Feb-15 21:25:42

Hi all

I'm currently 24 weeks pregnant and piling it on a bit, but was overweight before I was pregnant following a slow and steady weight gain from a point where I was very fit and happy with my body about 4 years ago. From the comfort of my pregnancy armchair I've decided that it needs sorting out properly once the baby's here (well, I might give it a week or two!) and I'm thinking about buying a treadmill ready. I've always enjoyed running on a treadmill and we have a large empty garage that is dry and warm enough for me to be able to take the baby there when it's sleeping so I can get a run in.

Looking for guidance on what to look for in a good treadmill - I am heavy so want something that will allow my heft to have a good pound without moving (or at least only a little). I'm quite nervous of movement, having used my mum's old (I felt) cheap feeling one that moved a bit which was unnerving when you wanted to run (my mum only ever walked on hers). The surface it will be on is concrete. So...how do I assess solidness? Especially since I am planning on buying on eBay - probably a used machine if I can. Budget no more than £500 if I can help it but no idea if I need to spend that much? Any other considerations?

Sorry this post is a bit all over the place. Blame the baby brain, I do.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: