Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Cot bumpers or not??

(8 Posts)
Kelly008 Tue 30-Dec-14 20:36:31

My little one is 10 weeks old and has made the transition from carry cot to big cot finally smile she tend to move over to one side in the middle of the night and has woke up with her face basically against the side of the cot against the wood . Is cot bumpers a good idea or not? I was avoiding them as I thought the were a risk factor for SID/ cot death

Notso Tue 30-Dec-14 20:52:55

I wouldn't if she's wriggling right up to the sides, I'd imagine there'd be a risk of her suffocating. You can get little wraps to go around the bars but even still I wouldn't want my baby's face right up to fabric.
Is she waking up because she's banged into the bars?

Kelly008 Tue 30-Dec-14 20:57:18

She used to sleep all night 8pm to 7am but the first night in cot she was find but stayed in the middle and 2nd / 3rd night she's woke up two extra times at night she was right up against the wood spam guessing she's banged off them. I was thinking of putting. Her in Carey cot again tomorrow night just to see if she wakes or sleeps or is that a bad idea

MrsTuppence Tue 30-Dec-14 21:02:37

No, absolutely not. Definitely a sids risk, unfortunately.

Only1scoop Tue 30-Dec-14 21:03:43

Used an air wrap but never any other. Didn't use air wrap until about 5 months

MrsTuppence Tue 30-Dec-14 21:04:35

Oh sorry, just to be clear, I was answering your question about cot bumpers, not about the carry cot.

98percentchocolate Tue 30-Dec-14 21:08:54

Definitely not. Not safe at all.

Notso Tue 30-Dec-14 22:24:02

I squished all my 4 in their Moses baskets until 6 months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now