Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

High quality music for children!?

(1 Post)
davidgibb Tue 04-Nov-14 18:37:49

So this is in some ways an advert (sorry!), but also a general inquiry as to people's experiences of music for families and children .

My name's David Gibb and I'm a 24 year old singer song writer. 3 weeks ago I released my first album especially for children and families entitled 'Letters Through Your Door'.

Here's a music video from the album so you can see what it's all about:
youtu.be/rCz3S1PKJSI

And the full album to stream online for free at: https://davidgibb.bandcamp.com/album/letters-through-your-door

I'm on a bit of a mission to champion high quality independent music in the UK for children and for families (there's load of great stuff in the US, but not much here). Children's literature, TV etc are seen as very important and great expense, time and expertise goes into ensuring it's the highest quality (and quite rightly so) but I don't feel the same quality control is applied to children's music.

I'm a little bit nervous posting on here, as I'm not a parent myself, but I've spent the last 6 years working in schools, libraries, children's centres etc making music with small people and their parents.

I'd be really interested to get some feedback on what I'm doing, and also peoples views on why maybe high quality music for children is not seen as a priority in the UK (or maybe someone out there disagrees with me!).

So I think that's all, there's a picture up there of me performing at Just So Festival, and my website is www.davidgibb.com smile

Thanks!
David

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now