Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Best non bio laundry detergent for food stains

(6 Posts)
Juniorwebb Thu 25-Sep-14 18:03:23

Hi all

My 10 month old is on solids but refuses to wear a bib or anything that would protect his clothes. As a result all of his clothes are now getting food stains on them but our current detergent (Persil non bio) is just not getting them out.

Any recommendations from anyone about what they have found works - ive also got a number of clothes with now dried on stubborn stains that need cleaning

Thanks

mausmaus Thu 25-Sep-14 18:07:06

can you 'nominate' a tshirt to use as bib?

to answer your question, I would pre soak with bio powder in cold water for a few hours and then wash as you usually do.

allybells Fri 09-Jan-15 13:22:34

We have a lot of merino baby clothing - which bio isn't good for, and my best tip (which I am sure works for any fabric) is to pretreat by dampening the soiled clothing and rub over it with a bar of laundry (or just plain hand) soap, work up a bit of a lather - almost like washing your hands, then chuck in wash and machine it as per usual with non bio - the trick with this is this must be done as a pre treatment i.e BEFORE putting into the machine, as machine washing can just further set any stains that aren't succesfully removed. best of luck

SomethingAboutNothing Fri 09-Jan-15 13:25:05

How about napisan? works on poosplosions.

Mrscog Fri 09-Jan-15 13:26:46

Get them in the sunlight too - even through a window at this time of year gets stains out, although it takes longer than outside at the peak of summer. I've even got spag bol stains out this way!

42bunnytails Fri 09-Jan-15 13:32:22

Washing up liquid is great for food. Sunlight every time for tomato.

But I agree, you need to convince him to wear a size too big, good thickness t shirt for meals.

(No tying at the back of the neck and much harder to lift up and prat about with than a bib)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now