Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

What is your *can't live without* baby product?

(23 Posts)
SophiePickle Sat 22-Mar-14 10:22:46

We're expecting our first baby in June and there is so much shite out there! But there are also things I probably don't know I need.

So, what is your number 1 baby product you couldn't live without?

KatAndKit Sat 22-Mar-14 10:25:23

I presume you are not including essentials like car seat, clothes, cot, etc!

For the newborn days mine is a stretchy sling such as close caboo or moby.

stargirl1701 Sat 22-Mar-14 10:28:11

Baby nightgown/bundler
Moby wrap
Cheeky wipes

IPokedABadgerWithASpoon Sat 22-Mar-14 10:30:58

Huggies wipes and SMA!

Atbeckandcall Sat 22-Mar-14 10:35:26

Firstly congratulations!

A bathing seat that you put in an adult bath rather than a baby bath, I had one from Mothercare than had a sturdy frame but a fabric seat that you could bung in the washing machine, have DH lots of confidence to do the baths as I had had a c-section.

A jumperoo for when they are a bit older.

stopeatingbiscuits Sat 22-Mar-14 10:36:17

Boobs
Bednest
Muslins
A good sling (moby and an ergo)
Video baby monitor

BikeRunSki Sat 22-Mar-14 10:37:27

Sling
Sudocreme - clears up any skin irritation over night
Muslins

Anjou Sat 22-Mar-14 10:43:50

They may be against current advice but swaddles were a godsend for my 2, as they kept smacking themselves in the face when falling asleep.

Travel/roll up change mat & bag with fold out pockets. I think I had a summer infant one.

Door bouncer.

BT projector baby monitor. Really clear sound on it plus it plays lullabies and projects stars onto the wall ceiling. Both DC love it.

Tommy tippy disposable bibs.

Congratulations & good luck! smile

SophiePickle Mon 24-Mar-14 08:22:33

This is great thank you!

I've been looking at slings and they seem really pricey but it's definitely worth it?

I think I'm on it with the rest of the stuff. We bit the bullet and went with a bednest. Everyone has said they're amazing.

curiousgeorgie Mon 24-Mar-14 08:26:54

The jumperoo saved my sanity.

As soon as we got it, I got my life back!

EeyoreIsh Mon 24-Mar-14 08:27:39

congratulations!

a stretchy sling, we have a hana wrap

swaddle blankets, we preferred the summer infant swaddle blankets to the groswaddle ones.

nipple shields

bednest

playmat

MyNameIsKenAdams Mon 24-Mar-14 08:28:56

Giant muslins for swaddling.

wrt Slings, google Sling meet / Sling Library. Sometimes its possible to hire a sling for around £5 per month. Ideal if youre not sure which type youd prefer.

GummiBear74 Mon 24-Mar-14 08:32:59

Another vote for swaddle wraps, I also have the Summer Infant ones.

Also, grab a pack of terry nappy squares (I got mine in Tesco). They're more absorbent than muslins and very handy to keep around the changing area to mop up big messes. I went back and bought two more packs in the first week after she was born!

barebranches Mon 24-Mar-14 08:33:47

muslins... hundreds of them especially if breast feeding. Ive scattered them around the house so one is never too far away.

jumblebee Mon 24-Mar-14 08:40:16

My bebe au lait (affectionately nicknamed "the titty tent") as I was quite self conscious about feeding in public with huge boobs.

Cot mattress sheets which we use for swaddling, the only reason we get any sleep (7 months on...)

Sudacrem, magic cream that clears up DD's nappy rash almost straight away.

Bath support seat-wish we hadn't bothered with a baby bath because these are SO much easier!

Beccadugs Mon 24-Mar-14 08:51:21

Muslins! I have 40 I think, but she is pretty sicky! I put two under her head at night and just whip the top one off when when necessary!

Bouncy chair has also been a god send as she is very windy and being upright helps! Also pretty sure the gentle bouncing brings up more wind!

Sling is great for popping to the shops and getting on with things when she is upset.

Proper "changing station" others will no doubt disagree, but post c-section I couldn't have coped with doing it on the floor. (I think you can get cot top ones too!)

cogitosum Mon 24-Mar-14 08:53:24

Stretchy wrap
Bedside crib
Now he's crawling jumperoo otherwise I would never be able to leave him for a second.

But in the beginning could not have lived without the sling.

MrsMillions Mon 24-Mar-14 09:03:28

Stylfile baby nail clippers - by Tom Pellerau (sp) from the Apprentice a few years back. DD's nails grow so quickly, baby nail scissors don't work, just a file takes forever. Quick snip with these (they have a peep hole so you can see what you're doing) and file the edges with the dinky curved nail file that comes with them, and job done. Buy at Boots, supermarket or Amazon.

BB01 Thu 03-Apr-14 20:11:58

Sling!

BiscuitCrumb Thu 03-Apr-14 20:14:01

This, I wouldn't be without it. We go it before DS was born, we still use it now and he's 4. Perfect for breastfeeding, perfect as a night light.

BobPatSamandIgglePiggle Thu 03-Apr-14 20:14:46

Cover all bibs from the pound shop - like a painting smock with sleeves.

Had them since ds was weaning. Have one in the changing bag for out and about and DM and MIL have them for when he's there too.

Artandco Thu 03-Apr-14 20:17:42

Boba 4g sling
Reusable wipes and nappies

Foxsticks Thu 03-Apr-14 20:28:11

A morrck travel blanket dd was always snug but safe in her car seat as the straps fitted snugly without bulky clothes getting in the way. If she was asleep and I carried her seat inside I could just unwrap her without waking her up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now