Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

YAKULT would you recommend it?

(3 Posts)
addictedtolatte Sun 09-Feb-14 23:02:07

I suffer with my stomach and have been on 2 different courses of antibiotics for sinusitis. As you can imagine my stomach has reacted badly to this :-( I have considered taking yakult probiotic drink to see if it would help. Has anyone tried this? Thanks

NomNomNom Sun 09-Feb-14 23:10:17

I find that it helps me after antibiotics as well as when I'm feeling a bit queasy etc. but no idea how much of that is placebo effect.

There's some debate regarding whether it actually works and it might be better to take a probiotic capsule that dissolves in the right part of the digestive tract so it works properly. (Without a capsule made of the right material the stomach acid probably kills the good bacteria.) No idea what would be the best probiotic though.

GW297 Sun 09-Feb-14 23:10:45

I drink a Yakult every morning. I'd say it's definitely worth a try. They are quite expensive though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now