Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Nursing Chairs?

(8 Posts)
Tinyflutterby Sun 26-May-13 20:43:38

Hi, I am due my second baby in December and was considering buying a nursing chair as I didn't have one first time round and felt I could ahve done with one. Do you think they are necessary and if so, which ones are good? Thanks.

WouldBeHarrietVane Sun 26-May-13 20:46:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SirBoobAlot Sun 26-May-13 20:48:43

I got a second hand old fashioned rocking chair. It was perfect smile Still use it now as a cuddling for story chair!

Forgetfulmog Sun 26-May-13 20:49:28

No, complete waste of money. Get yourself an Ikea Poang chair instead.

Hth

Truffkin Sun 26-May-13 20:49:39

I loved the comfiness of the bi leather nursing chairs but couldn't get over how ugly they are so went for an Ikea Poang rocking chair and footstool. It's been great, we still do bedtime in it now at 18 months and with a v pillow it's never felt uncomfortable.

Passthesaltdear Sun 26-May-13 20:50:16

I didn't first time and got one second hand second time roundsmile it's been worth its weight in gold as spent so many hours sat in it feeding

FadBook Sun 26-May-13 20:55:22

I got a 2nd hand one off eBay for 45 quid, used it a lot in the early days then discovered feeding lying down and cosleeping grin

Use it now still, dd 21 months, for stories before bed. It's been quite useful personally but I have many friends who sold there's on because they didn't use it at all.

Definitely check out eBay, mine was worth over 180 quid brand new and it was as new when I picked up.

notcitrus Sun 26-May-13 20:59:43

I said I was definitely having an adjustable height cot and a nursing chair for dc2
Got given a nursing chair. I almost never used it for that, sticking to sofa or bed with My Brest Friend, but it's been invaluable for rocking grouchy babies who don't want to nap, or any sad/poorly child.
My nursing chair has hideous cream fabric upholstery which both stains and isn't removable, hence given away!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now