Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Mattress sizes for bunk beds? Non-Imperial foreigner need advice ;)

(8 Posts)
misscph1973 Tue 14-May-13 14:36:01

Not sure if this is the right place to post, but here goes:

Imperial advice need! I am trying to buy mattresses for second hand bunk beds, and I can't work out what size to get. Approximate measurements for the bunk beds are 2,9 x 6,6 feet (very approximate, measured on unassembled bunk beds). Do I get 3 feet mattresses then?

And btw, why are mattresses so expensive? Was hoping to get simple foam mattresses, but can't find any. Has anyone seen any foam chair beds in single mattress sizes anywhere? Cheap and multifunctional ;)

ilovepowerhoop Tue 14-May-13 19:03:55

are they just standard single sized bunk beds? Argos does a basic single mattress for about £60

misscph1973 Tue 14-May-13 19:42:52

Well, I don't know if they are standard size, that's partly the problem ;) I am pretty sure that 3 feet mattresses are what I need, but when you order mattresses online, you really want to get it right the first time ;)

MrsHoarder Tue 14-May-13 19:45:16

2 feet 9 is 3 inches under 3 feet (12 inches to the foot). So are your beds 2'9 or 2.9?

misscph1973 Tue 14-May-13 20:58:31

MrsHoarder, I don't know! I am not used to Imperial, in inches the width was approximately 33", so that's how I arrived at 2.9 or 2'9, whichever is correct.

ilovepowerhoop Tue 14-May-13 21:04:16

www.ebay.co.uk/gds/UK-Mattress-Sizes/10000000003547127/g.html - this gives sizes in cm and inches. Remember it is the internal dimensions of the bed (where the mattress will sit) that is important so dont measure right up to the outside edge. You get standard single or small single sizes so you need to get the right measurements

ilovepowerhoop Tue 14-May-13 21:06:00

or if they are from ikea originally they may have different sizes altogether!

misscph1973 Wed 15-May-13 08:22:57

Thanks for the link, ilovepowershop, I had also found it, it's very useful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now