Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Laptop needs rebooting. How do i do it?

(4 Posts)
Emmielu Tue 30-Oct-12 09:57:40

My laptop is fucked to say the least.

The time and date is completely wrong on a daily basis. Today it says 24th October 2028. Time is: 20:20pm.
I cant open files that have words in because it comes up as symbols.
I cant access my online banking because i need to "enable cookies" so i've followed the instructions given on the website and it made no difference. I called my bank and they said they've never had issues like mine with online banking and it sounds like it could be my laptop. I cant apply online to jobs because it comes up as a file with symbols in it again.

I havent got any discs or a usb stick to save everything onto. Im reluctant to send it off to repair because i move into my new place next week so im going to need it to check my rent goes out. HELP

1sassylassy Tue 30-Oct-12 19:08:56

Do you run any anti virus on your laptop?It could be you have a virus,be careful about online banking unless your are certain your laptop is 100% clean.

ElbowFan Tue 30-Oct-12 19:14:30

Sounds like you have something you don't need in there!
Do you use a good antivirus package? If not AVG is free if you can download it.
I'd suggest you also download Malwarebytes if you can from www.malwarebytes.org/ and basically scan for nasties

ElbowFan Tue 30-Oct-12 19:15:38

Sorry cross post there - same thoughts though smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: