Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Bath support for 7 week old big baby

(12 Posts)
Happybunny12 Mon 01-Oct-12 09:44:47

Advice would be much appreciated.

My 7 week old is big and long (14lbs, 98th centile). So far we've bathed him in a baby bath but he's now too big, keeps kicking out with his legs and pushing his head into the other end.

Our main bath is deep and I think it would hurt my back to bath him in there without some kind of support. I'd like to get in with him, but am concerned about getting out without being able to use both of my hands- it is quite an odd shape.

Obviously he is too young for the seat type ones (can't hold head up unsupported) and I've seen moulded lie-back ones from Tigex and Mothercare, but user reviews say big babies tend to wriggle out.

Any mumsnet wisdom to offer me please? TIA.

Happybunny12 Mon 01-Oct-12 12:01:49

Bump

hazeyjane Mon 01-Oct-12 12:07:32

we used one of the soft fabric ones like this.

RichManPoorManBeggarmanThief Mon 01-Oct-12 12:07:47

You need the Tigex one- basically like a bath lazee boy. They're great. Had both of mine in it from pretty much birth until almost 8 months

RugBugs Mon 01-Oct-12 12:17:04

We also used the Tigex one, again from birth to sitting unaided. DD never got close to wriggling out through all her splashing/leg thrashing and she was hovering on 98th for length.

Our main reason for using it was to bathe her in the bath, she was born at the start of a very cold winter and her baby bath just wouldn't keep the water warm enough for very long and she loves a long soak!

Happybunny12 Mon 01-Oct-12 12:48:31

Thanks very much!

hazeyjane - so do you recommend the fabric one? Attractive as it's cheaper, but want something that will last as well. What age did you use it for? Thanks

richman and rugsbugs - this will sound odd but did you get a tigex one fairly recently? One review said the old ones (think they came in blue and pink?) were great, but they changed the design and made the bit between baby's legs smaller when meant baby slipped out. Not sure if this is nonsense though...

hazeyjane Mon 01-Oct-12 12:52:56

I had one for dd1, which she used until she could sit, I then used it with dd2, and used it for both of them for hairwashes for a few years. I then used the same one for ds, who couldn't sit up until he was 1 (he is disabled), he still uses it now for washing hair and he is 2.3 (and huge!) It has been one of my most used bits off baby kit! Cheap and not to big to tuck out of the way when not in use.

Idohaveoneofthese Mon 01-Oct-12 12:55:58

I didn't use a bath support with any if mine - just ran a shallow bath in a warm bathroom and lay mine down in it. Have everything to hand so you don 't have to move away at all. Worth a try in the meantime.

RugBugs Mon 01-Oct-12 13:29:25

Ahhhh, ours is pearlised white and very old.

Happybunny12 Mon 01-Oct-12 16:37:50

Thanks all, appreciate the responses smile

RichManPoorManBeggarmanThief Tue 02-Oct-12 06:48:03

Mine's also white . Got it in 2010

MaMattoo Tue 02-Oct-12 13:05:59

Got mine in 2010 from John Lewis. It was great for the giant baby I had smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now