Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Paints/crayons/colouring pens or pencils suitable for the under 3 yo's???

(13 Posts)
ImDreamingOfACheapXmas Sat 22-Oct-11 22:16:16

Hiya,

I'm looking for some art products for an 18 month old. I want to do some art with my son, but can't find anything that is suitable for the under 3's.

Much appreciated

SazZaVoom Sat 22-Oct-11 22:18:34

What do you mean in terms of 'suitable'? A pencil is a pencil, same for crayons and paintbrushes.

Crayola do some 'magic' pens if you are talking about things that will not mark

ImDreamingOfACheapXmas Sat 22-Oct-11 22:21:52

I want things that will mark. I mean None Toxic if ingested, i guess.

I dont want to give him things that aren't "suitable" just in case

BlondeBatgirl Sat 22-Oct-11 22:40:16

Aquadoodle!! Its brilliant, no mess, reusable and completly non toxic!! My ds used to love it!! smile

BlondeBatgirl Sat 22-Oct-11 22:41:13

Crayola also do good pens for younger ones. All non toxic and washable.

PinterestQueen Sat 22-Oct-11 23:17:28

Crayola... but count them out of the packet and back in...

Tries to wipe this evenings incident from mind

wonkylegs Sat 22-Oct-11 23:22:45

Crayola do a range called Beginnings especially for under 3's but if your supervising their superwashable ones are fine too (supervision re lids ) and they are actually washable unlike some of the cheap knockoff ones which if it comes off their clothes makes them worth a few more pennies IMO

BoattoBolivia Sat 22-Oct-11 23:31:57

My 18 month old loves the crayola beginnings pens. They are bright colours and wash off his hands and face really easily!

Clary Sat 22-Oct-11 23:35:06

Crayola crayons are OK surely?

I mean the big hexagonal ones? We still use them now actually (youngest child is 8) as we find they work well and don't break.

these ones I mean

AndiMac Sat 22-Oct-11 23:41:04

I have picked up some felt pens that are really good for little ones. They have a flat base on the felt, so they can't push them in. Sort of like a felt stamper pen, but without a stamp, just a round base. I've bought two kinds, one at Sainsburys in the stationary section and one at ELC. Unfortunately, I can't find an online link to either product, but it might be worth a snoop around if either shop is close to you.

ImDreamingOfACheapXmas Sun 23-Oct-11 10:34:15

Fab. Thanks ladies I will have a look around.

snailoon Sun 23-Oct-11 10:36:17

Felt tips are MUCH more fun than pencils or crayons. The colours are vivid and go on easily. Just get ones that aren't indelible.

ImDreamingOfACheapXmas Mon 24-Oct-11 19:43:33

Laughs at Indelible ink from snailoon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now