Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

child trailer for bike from ebay?

(9 Posts)
Iamjustthemilkmachine Sat 15-Oct-11 22:21:53

Has anybody got one of these? would you recommend it?

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CHILD-BIKE-TRAILER-CHILDREN-STROLLER-KIDS-BICYCLE-R-B-/380327047428?pt=UK_SportGoods_CyclAcces_RL&hash=item588d423104

BikeRunSki Sat 15-Oct-11 22:36:50

Unlikely to fit if yiur biek has disc brakes.

IME you get what you pay for with these types of things - in terms of quality, ride comfort, machining etc - and it is worth bearing in mind that "big brands" like Croozer and Burley can be ten times as much as this.

Iamjustthemilkmachine Sun 16-Oct-11 20:15:53

You are right of course, actually they are a bit big and clunky, will look for a second hand better known brand one. Thanks BikeRS.

BikeRunSki Sun 16-Oct-11 20:54:31

We got a second hand Burley from Ebay for £50.

LoopyLoopsPussInBoots Sun 16-Oct-11 20:55:56

I spent almost a whole festival lusting after these and questioning all the owners! I came to the conclusion that I will wait until I can afford a Croozer.

RitaMorgan Sun 16-Oct-11 21:00:31

I have one of those - have yet to use it on a bike though, we bought it for a festival grin

I have a friend who uses it with his bike for a 4 year old with no problems as far as I know.

Iamjustthemilkmachine Mon 17-Oct-11 18:10:07

Thanks guys, because our house is small, I'll be using it as both trailer and pushchair, and it needs to be kind of small, so I'll wait to get one for only one child. Thanks again!

BikeRunSki Mon 17-Oct-11 18:34:05

Don't wait too long, the singles are not that much cheaper than doubles, and resale value much less.

Iamjustthemilkmachine Tue 18-Oct-11 17:26:11

good tip bikers, loopy, meant to ask before what made you decide to wait?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now