Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

toilet training

(2 Posts)
princessna Fri 23-Sep-11 09:45:31

Hi all
My 3 yr old DS has made good progress with toilet training - at his nursery. He referred to as the 'king of toilet training' by his key worker. He takes himself to the loo and has done a couple of poos. He's been in pants for about 2 months.
At home we are struggling (not so much when he's with the nanny but when he's with parents). He wants to be a baby like his little brother (1 year old). We've done the star chart which is going OK for wees. But when I try to incentivise with a gift (latest was Thomas socks) it seems to have opposite effect - i.e. he wees in his pants on purpose!
Any ideas on how to encourage him when he's at home?
He is a clever little thing and will do (or not do) something when he sets his mind to it.
Thanks

CaptainNancy Fri 23-Sep-11 09:52:23

Hi princessna,
There is actually a potty traing topic where I'm sure loads of people will be able to help. Sorry c ant link as I'm on my phone, but if you click on 'topics' up near the top, I'm sure you'll find it.

Maybe he could pick out some special big boy pants himself next time you're shopping?
Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now