Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

I have somne children's videos, is there any way of passing them on or recycling rather than just land fill?

(14 Posts)
TheOriginalFAB Tue 30-Aug-11 16:59:02

We still have a video player but the kids are older now and have different things they like to watch.

Ineedacleaneriamalazyslattern Tue 30-Aug-11 17:21:01

Charity shop?
DD used to love raking the charity shops for video's they were 3 for £1 and she collected loads but her dad chucked them out when we were in the process of moving when we split up sad she still has her video player but no videos for it anymore.

scrappydappydoo Tue 30-Aug-11 17:22:34

Freecycle or some childrens wards in hospitals still have video players..

PandaG Tue 30-Aug-11 17:24:57

charity shops near us do not accept videos any more. I've ended up binning some recently.

slartybartfast Tue 30-Aug-11 17:25:17

there are some video bins i think,
however i am not even sure if charity shops take them.

LauraIngallsWilder Tue 30-Aug-11 17:27:32

Most charity shops do accept them - as there are many people (such as myself!) who will still buy videos (they dont stick and refuse to work lke DVDs for example.
Only picky picky charity shops refuse donations ime

PandaG Tue 30-Aug-11 17:32:25

I tried 4 or 5 in the close vicinity, then gave up and binned them!
Maybe will try further afield, but I haven't seen any videos in charity shops roud here

TheOriginalFAB Tue 30-Aug-11 20:59:49

Thank you. I will try the charity shops in town.

cat64 Sun 04-Sep-11 16:48:28

Message withdrawn

TheOriginalFAB Sun 04-Sep-11 16:56:16

I have started a bag of them as I can't bring myself to just bin them.

EdithWeston Sun 04-Sep-11 16:57:18

Charity shops, local jumble sales, or see if a local nursery/church/village hall will let you leave them there (perhaps with an honesty box for voluntary donations). Loads of people still have working VCRs!

ProfYaffle Sun 04-Sep-11 16:57:47

Try Freecycle. Gardeners may use them, I unravel them and use the fluttering tapes tied to canes as bird scarers.

alemci Sun 04-Sep-11 16:59:28

the salvation army collection bin in the carpark took them.

hocuspontas Sun 04-Sep-11 17:00:59

I've recently taken some to the hospital for the children's waiting rooms but checked first if they still had video players.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now