Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Goi goi pillow and saftey

(6 Posts)
Mumtoaj Sat 27-Aug-11 17:52:49

hi there. Could anyone give me some advice on the goi goi pillow. My son is 12 weeks and us developing a flat head. I am reading about the goi goi pillow and how it can help. I found him at the other end of the cot this morning and so because of this am worried that its not safe. My daugher is 3 and half years old and still has a sever flat head so we dont want this problem again.
I am so worried about cot death too!

KenDoddsDadsDog Sun 28-Aug-11 09:23:43

I have had a goigoi (now Lila Kudis) pillow for DD since she was about 4 weeks. She had severe silent reflux and it helped. When she grew out of the baby version I bought her a bigger one.
Advice on cot death is different in Sweden and most babies have the pillows. I couldn't really advise you what to do apart from to read up on it.

ChocFudgeCake Wed 31-Aug-11 23:40:25

I too have this pillow. DD started using it when she was 5 months (it took me a while to realize that she was getting a flat head!). I never thought about safety blush She is now 2 years old. She had the moses basket one, then the big one for the cot.

TheBusyMumster Mon 12-Sep-11 17:20:44

I also had this pillow for my DS from birth and it was great but I had a similar problem. What I did was get one of my older stretchy cloth head bands that had gone out of shape and sewed a little piece of Velcro on to it, which I placed around the top of his small mattress. I then stitched a small bit of the Velcro on the 2 pillow cases I had. Took me 5 minutes and it helped the pillow to stay in place and I never had the problem again. I bought both the baby size and the toddler size. Great Pillows.

Good luck.

PieMistress Sat 17-Sep-11 22:08:06

I also started using the lila kudis pillows from about 4 months when I noticed his head was getting flat on one side. I had a big one in his cot (under a sheet) and a small one in his pram. We took it out of his cot when he was about 9 months and was rolling over too much in his cot. It really made a huge difference though.

JarethTheGoblinKing Sat 17-Sep-11 22:18:45

I used one with DS but only ever used it on the playmat or changing table when he was awake, or in the cot next to me when I was awake. I wouldn't have been comfortable using it at night at all. He was a wriggly child and it worried me too much.

Are you using any other techniques to avoid the plagio getting worse? What worked for us was repositioning (there are some great threads on here if you search, IIRC NAB3 was particularly helpful).

DS had a sever flat area, to the point where he face was becoming pushed out on one side at the front, his ears were uneven and I never thought it would get better. He's 3 now and all the hard work repositioning him when he was tiny really paid off. There is a small area that is slightly flat, but only I can tell where it is - even his Dad can't see it anymore. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now