Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Child Safety Alarms

(4 Posts)
youngmum28 Wed 24-Aug-11 09:39:56

Hi everyone

Just wondered if anyone had bought a water safety alarm for their kids? We are heading on holidays soon and the villa has a pool with no gate around it. Am a bit worried about the kids falling in when I've got my back turned. I've had a look online and saw something called the Safety Angel, which can be used as a lost and water alarm. Has anyone used the Safety Angel or anything else? Any recommendations welcome. thanks Susan

Scaevola Wed 24-Aug-11 09:45:25

I would never be able to trust one of these near water - it is probably unlikely it would fail to sound, but it's possible and I could not be easy in my mind. And I would be worried they would give a false sense of reassurance (you'd be monitoring the kit, not the children).

Until the children are older, good swimmers and generally reliable, then I think you need an adult in or next to the pool at all times (sorry - that's probably not what you wanted to hear).

clareso1976 Wed 24-Aug-11 22:52:41

Hi Susan,

I bought the Safety Angel when we were going on holiday last easter and found it realy usefull. Obviously you still have to keep a good eye on your kids but it gave me some extra reassurance especially when my husband was out and I was looking after all the kids on my own. It only takes a second for one of my younger ones to get out of sight, especially when I'm dealing with my older child. I've used it quite a few times at home too, on days out etc, the anti-lost alarm is good.

Hope this is of some use.

Clare

TheBusyMumster Mon 12-Sep-11 17:13:13

Just a thought, have you checked to see if there is any kind of gated area around the pool. Sometime they villas will have the pool area gated so the adults can keep the children out of the area when they are not in attendance. Might be worth a check ;-)

BM

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now