Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

your baby can read?

(4 Posts)
Bella2010star Tue 23-Aug-11 22:42:46

Just wondered of anyone has used this product I am wondering whether it is worth investing in for my daughter who is 2.

winnybella Tue 23-Aug-11 22:48:21

I haven't used it, but having looked at the website I would say it's a scam.

Just read books to her, play with blocks with letters on them etc etc. No need for a 2yo to know how to read and I very much doubt generations of children that went without dr. Tipzer or whatever his name is's invention suffered stunted development hmm

Seriously, it's a scam.

Bella2010star Tue 23-Aug-11 23:02:43

yeah thought so thanks will continue to keep on reading with her myself as I also have concern over the fact that schools teach reading in a completely different way. I suppose I just worry as I know I found it difficult to read when I was younger so do not want her to have the same experience.

TheBusyMumster Mon 12-Sep-11 17:33:08

Actually, I was given these as a gift from a friend and I would say they are great in helping with communication when the child is non-verbal. Reading well that is another story. My DS is now over 2 and whilst he loves "reading", I think as far as actual skill, there is no difference between my DS who is older and didn't have this and the youngest. I would say the same as the person above, just spend time reading and repeating things over and over and the child will get it.

I would also like to say though, I did send these to my sister in law who works with children who are deaf and children with learning and communication difficulties and she has said she has seen a great improvement in her pupils. So I guess it would depend on the circumstances of the child.

Good luck.
BM

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now