Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Potty or toilet training seat?

(5 Posts)
Ivortheengine8 Tue 23-Aug-11 07:21:01

Morning!
Don't really have much idea about potty training yet but I have got 22 month old dd a basic plastic potty which she is starting to use but just wondered if I should get her a toilet training seat too and what you used?

I was going to have a look in mothercare or argos. Can anyone recommend a not too expensive one?

Sofabitch Tue 23-Aug-11 07:24:15

The best toilet seat I've ever had is from lidl. It fit the seat well and stayed in place. I also always preferred large comfy potties. We got out from boots it's green and is a frog. Dd loves it lol. I'd also recommend a porta potty for when you are out and about. It really is a combination of what your child is comfortable with and how old they are.

Ivortheengine8 Tue 23-Aug-11 07:27:19

Thanks sofa, I think I saw the frog one! smile (I'm just checking online before we go out) will have a look in boots too. (current one is from asda for about £3 and she doesnt seem to mind it but I thought maybe she could chose another one)

Sofabitch Tue 23-Aug-11 07:34:19

The cheap asda ones do the job. But not very comfy for sitting on for long as it's quite a narrow rim. I don't know about you but I like to be comfy when I'm going to the loo.

Ivortheengine8 Tue 23-Aug-11 07:44:20

Thats what I thought, its all plastic and quite a narrow edge. I just picked it up without thinking properly really.
We will go and have a look for a nice comfy one and hopefully it willl encourage her to pee in it more rather than DH's shoe smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now