Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Weaning Products

(6 Posts)
melwood Thu 18-Aug-11 21:05:39

Hi I'm thinking of weaning my baby in the next month. Can anyone recommend what weaning equipment to buy? So far I have the Avent Baby Cook but there's so much other stuff on the market I'm not sure what I should buy :s

Would like recommendations for spoons/bottles/bowls/high chairs and anything else I'll need pls

MynameisnotEarl Thu 18-Aug-11 22:13:13

From what I remember, you don't need anything special. Just a couple of plastic spoons and bowls and something to protect the floor smile

BikeRunSki Thu 18-Aug-11 22:18:18

I just got some soft plastic spoons, and put an old shower curtain on the floor. If you need a high chair, nothing beats the Ikea Antilop for about a tenner. It is far better than any of it's pricer competitors.

EdithWeston Thu 18-Aug-11 22:21:43

I agree with MynameisnotEarl - all you need is a couple of unbreakable bowls, any old spoons, a splat mat (or newspaper) and stuff to clean up the inevitable detritus at the end of each meal.

You don't actually need a high chair, but they are handy. I'd go for one with a big tray (to catch as much as possible) and no fiddly crevices as you will spend a lot of time cleaning it!

HappyAsASandboy Fri 19-Aug-11 09:21:16

I have got all sorts of things that catch my attention when I'm in the shops blush

The things I use every mealtime are

Ikea Antilop highchairs
Ikea plastic bowls and spoons
Plastic-backed bibs, either with or without sleeves, depending on how much finger food there is
Plastic splashmats (from poundshop or kiddicare) for floor

That's about it really. I cook their food in batches in my normal pans, blitz it in my normal blender and then freeze portions in tupperware/in blobs on a baking tray. Once the food is frozen, I pop the blocks of food out of the tupperware/off the trays and store them in a bag so I can use the trays for the next batch of food smile

I would advise bot buying much to start with. If you're doing purée/mash then a blender, some Tupperware and the list of 'every mealtime' essentials above will do you fine. Once you're up and running, you might think of things that'd make it easier for you smile

Have fun smile

melwood Mon 22-Aug-11 15:49:43

Thanks all! V helpful smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now