Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

How do I listen to and charge Iphone in car?

(10 Posts)
countdowntoxmas Wed 10-Aug-11 13:38:19

We want to listen to songs on a long journey. How do I listen and charge the Ipod? Confused!

Catslikehats Wed 10-Aug-11 13:39:59

You need an ipod port on your car stereo - not all have them and the one on my car doesn't charge my iphone just plays it.

Grockle Wed 10-Aug-11 13:41:36

You can buy a charger & transmitter so you plug it unto cigarette lighter to charge & play it through the radio

countdowntoxmas Wed 10-Aug-11 15:26:04

The car is a 2002 model so will not have an ipod port. Grockle, is what you are talking about one of those £69.99 kits? http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5242038/Trail/searchtext%3EBELKIN+IPOD.htm
is there a cheaper solution?

bunjies Wed 10-Aug-11 15:50:44

Something like this?

countdowntoxmas Wed 10-Aug-11 16:41:22

Bunjies, is that something I plug in to cigarette lighter and play the iphone from it? is there a way i can plug it in to the speakers too to make it louder?

Tinkerisdead Wed 10-Aug-11 16:44:16

Google itrip or check on amazon. I use one for my iPod and dh has one for iPhone. His has an app to tune into the correct radio frequency it's loud enough as connected to your car speakers thro the radio.

Piffpaffpoff Wed 10-Aug-11 16:48:26

I have this

Plugs into the lighter socket, plays through the car stereo via an FM transmitter and charges the phone at the same time. It also alleges that you can do hands free calling on it, but neither DH or I have ever managed it ( we each have on in our cars). Highly recommend it for playing and charging though.

Grockle Wed 10-Aug-11 18:41:03

Like this

http://m.tesco.com/mt/direct.tesco.com/q/R.207-9908.aspx

On phone, can't do links

countdowntoxmas Mon 15-Aug-11 15:45:05

Thanks so much. Ended up getting an FM transmitter/ charger for £5.99 on Amazon and one of those spider phone holders they had on The Apprentice. Both SOOOO easy to use and I am loving my new-found gadgets. Thanks for all the help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now