Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Cutlery for 4 year old

(11 Posts)
WLmum Tue 26-Jul-11 22:09:10

Hi, can anyone recommend any 'inbetween' cutlery? Adult cutlery is too big for my 4 year old (surprise!) and toddler cutlery is now far too small but there doesn't seem to be anything inbetween. Any ideas?
Thanks!

culturemulcher Tue 26-Jul-11 22:13:23

It's one of my preoccupations too. I've tried lots of different sets. What I really want is some of those training cutlery sets - the ones that have dips in the handle where your fingers should go if you're holding it properly.

The best I've found recently were in Sainsbury's - yellow blue and red handles. The handles are slightly too long for my 4 year old DS, but at least the fork is sharp enough to prong food.

Guess I've been over-thinking this a bit blush

PrettyCandles Tue 26-Jul-11 22:18:25

Our cutlery set has dessert knives and forks, which are identical to the regular knives and forks, just slightly slimmer, shorter, and lighter. We use them as children's cutlery.

Why not go to a shop with a good cutlery department (eg John Lewis, Bentalls) and see whether you can buy individual pieces that would work for you?

PrettyCandles Tue 26-Jul-11 22:21:32

Also dessert spoons, don't know why I missed them out!

Tidey Tue 26-Jul-11 22:27:51

I bought 3yo DD a set of cutlery from eBay for about £3, not as small and blunt as a baby/toddler set, pretty much perfect size for 3/4 year old, and she was thrilled cos they have pink handles. I think they had other colours as well. Might be worth a look?

KoolAidKid Tue 26-Jul-11 22:31:07

I've got some inbetween ones with Moomins on like this

moomins

kennythekangaroo Tue 26-Jul-11 22:36:34

DD(3) loves her butterfly knife and fork

MonsterBookOfTysons Tue 26-Jul-11 22:41:46

I got some metal ones with animals on. Shockingly brilliant and great quality from poundland. smile

cece Tue 26-Jul-11 22:46:23

Ikea

TabithaTwitchet Tue 26-Jul-11 22:50:23

We have these in a different colour

WLmum Wed 27-Jul-11 22:16:09

Thanks all for the tips, loving the moomin set - looks like it might be slightly bigger than the others I've seen, will also definitely be checking out poundland - always love a bargain!
x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now