Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Washable sanitary pads

(5 Posts)
SouthvilleBeeHive Thu 21-Jul-11 10:02:07

Hi,

I'm thinking about trying some washable pads, but there are so many out there I'm not sure where to start! Has anyone got any recommendations or advice?

Thanks smile

Bella2010star Fri 22-Jul-11 23:14:58

I would advise on using the mooncup. I have used this and had no problems at all smile It is a good idea though as it does get expensive as well as not being good for the environment.

Mumfun Wed 07-Sep-11 10:28:49

A good site for information is www.ecomenses.com. 2 good sites in the UK with the widest range to buy from are www.femininewear.co.uk and www.luxurymoon.co.uk

KashaUK Sun 11-Sep-11 18:45:30

I second www.ecomenses.com and raise you a clothpads.wikidot.com - both good for information on cloth pads, just so you have an idea of different styles and fabrics.

I STRONGLY recommend you go to www.etsy.com
This is a US based craft community including lots of cloth pads makers - just search for menstrual pads. Buying via Etsy is considerably cheaper and gives you a chance to try a few different styles before committing to one style or brand. They accept PayPal and shipping is rarely overly expensive.

I personally recommend www.etsy.com/shop/punkyspads Punky Pads although she doesn't seem to have any listed right now (she always restocks) - good AIO pads, wash well and have awesome designs.

I also recommend menstrual cups like Mooncup if you're wanting to find a safer/cleaner/comfortable/greener alternative to disposable tampons/pads - IF you do decide to get a Mooncup could you go via the following link, as if you buy via this link as well as cheaper than buying via Boots 20% of the sale goes to support women's health projects - www.mooncup.co.uk/wc.php?u=1741

coccyx Sun 11-Sep-11 18:47:06

Wow never knew these existed

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now