Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

My first ready bed?

(2 Posts)
Huffpot Sat 16-Jul-11 07:22:01

Hi, just wondering if people have any experience with this product as I was thinking of getting one for my 22 month old DS for when we go to visit family. We have a travel cot too but will use that for our 11 month old and 2 of them would be very bulky and not practical
Thanks!

TheDeathlyMarshmallows Sat 16-Jul-11 07:43:25

We have a ready bed for our DS. I think it might be the next size up from the "My First..." but they're all pretty much the same I think.

I have to say, I don't think it looks very comfy but he gets all excited about the prospect of sleeping in it when we go to my Mum's and swears it is so I guess it must be. He certainly seems to sleep well in it, no getting up early or grumpy when in it. He's 4.5 now but we bought it for him when DD was born 19 months ago so he's probably been using it since he was 3.

We added an extra childs camping pillow as the blow up one seems quite hard and in cooler weather, you'd need an extra blanket too as the attached cover is quite thin. The bag it comes with is quite roomy though so if you roll the uninflated bed up properly, you can get the extra pillow in the bag too along with the foot pump to make it easier to transport.

Pumping it up is easy too. We've forgotten our electric pump more than once and ended up using the included foot pump and I am always surprised at how easy and quickly it is to inflated even using that.

The one thing you have to wtxh for is the whole thing flipping. If you have a child who rolls a lot in their sleep then it is possible for them to flip the whole thing over if they roll far enough into one side of the fitted sheet. That might be different on the "My First" one though as I think the sode bolsters are bigger.

All in all, DS loves ours so I would definitely buy another for DD if needed. We're very happy with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now