Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Wants an easy to use camcorder but where do I start?

(5 Posts)
am988 Tue 05-Jul-11 14:00:00

Hi,

Can anyone help please:

I would like to buy an 'easy to use' camcorder - just for family movies to record some precious moments. I really do not know where to start looking. I don't want anything complicated - just simple straightforward 'does what it says on the tin' kind of thing and no fancy gadget. Also, what other extras do I need to buy with it?.. memory card, computer software etc..

Do you have any recommendations please? Budget is £150 max for the camcorder and the other extras that go with it.

Would appreciate any advice,

Thank you!

RuthChan Tue 05-Jul-11 21:12:54

Have a look on line at Flip Video cameras.
They are about the size of a standard digital camera and they are point and shoot in the same way as a normal still camera.
They have a decent size screen for play back and you simply plug them into your computer to download the videos.
They come in various specs, such as HD and with different levels of memory etc.
You should be able to find one in your price bracket.

We have a standard tape video camera too, but rarely use it these days as the Flip is so much easier to use and lighter to carry around.

Bella2010star Mon 11-Jul-11 23:37:23

I LOVE my flip! it is wicked as soon as I saw your thread I thought flip and then someone else has written it smile It is so simple to use and even my daughter 16months likes to pick it up and attempt to take videos of me which is funny. I brought mine at the time when argos where doing the waterproof casing for it at less than half price. This comes in handy for the paddling pool moments and in the rain. The product is very light weight easy to use and small enough to not crowd an already full changing bag. Hope that you get what you want.

am988 Tue 12-Jul-11 12:26:07

Thank you - I got a flip like one - thanks for your suggestions - it is very easy to use :-)

LittleBigSis Tue 12-Jul-11 12:33:26

I have a flip too and I LOVE it. It's so simple that my kids can use it easily and it's great for keeping my 7 year old son happy at family events as he can film messages from everybody as mementoes of the occasion. Great for throwing in a handbag for those moments you always wish you could capture.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now