Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Can anyone recommend a large padded playmat?

(4 Posts)
DenisMo Tue 05-Jul-11 13:04:52

Hi,
My son is nearly 5 months old and I'm looking for a large padded playmat for him. We have wooden floor and would like something thick enough to protect him from hurting himself. We don't want a interlocking foam playmat as it might contain cancer causing chemical, formamides, which is banned in France and Belgium.
If anyone has any recommendations I would be really glad to hear them. Many thanks!

BeeBread Tue 05-Jul-11 13:08:57

We used these SkipHop tiles which are supposed to be BPA, phthalate and PVC free. Not sure if that addresses your concerns?

BeeBread Tue 05-Jul-11 13:12:35

More about the safety of the Skip Hop ones here.

(I checked for my own peace of mind).

DenisMo Fri 08-Jul-11 14:28:11

We've ordered Skip Hop and Bebemat as well because I've read a few good reviews about Bebemat.
And I think we'll keep Bebemat as it's formamides free, can be folded or rolled up and its material seems to be more durable (Skip Hop already has little scratches on the surface although we haven't really been using it). Dylan wants to be on the Bebemat all the time because he likes the colourful pictures on it. It's Fab!
We have to return Skip Hop then. But thanks for your reply BeeBread :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now