Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Maternity Clothing - What Do You Think?

(7 Posts)
Amilbbe Mon 04-Jul-11 22:41:18

Hi there Mums and Mums to be!

I am undertaking a little research project into the maternity clothing market as part of my dissertation at university. I would really really appreciate a little feedback on availability in the market and what really gives a maternity range the edge. I have put together a little survey, if anyone can take five minutes to complete it I would be really grateful. Any other feedback you would like to offer would be great too. Let's get a discussion forming, the more opinions I can use the better!

You can complete my survey by clicking here.

I'd really appreciate any help you can offer me, thank you so much for your time smile

bagelmonkey Tue 05-Jul-11 18:53:28

Done

pookamoo Tue 05-Jul-11 19:00:40

Done.

Having said that, though, most of my maternity clothes are second hand. I usually buy them from NCT sales or have been given bags full by friends and family.

Awomancalledhorse Tue 05-Jul-11 19:11:25

Done. I'm not a big fan of maternity clothes (I only wear dresses, unless I am in the house) so only buy maternity dresses (buying my 'lounging' combats/tops in the next size up).

Amilbbe Wed 06-Jul-11 11:50:55

Thank you so much for all your replies to the survey. The information I have so far is great and really helpful.

If anyone else has a spare five minutes I'd really appreciate your feedback. The link is in my first post.

Thanks again! smile

pookamoo Wed 06-Jul-11 14:57:01

You'll probably get more responses if you re-post in the "Chat" board, as I think "other" is probably not a terribly busy part of the site.

There's also a section for "media and non member requests" or something, which might get a few more hits?

Good luck

Oeisha Fri 15-Jul-11 10:34:38

There's definatly a gap out there for a decent range of maternity clothes for short people...I'm 5ft3 and am finding it hellishly difficult to find trousers (especially OTB). In my 2nd trimester (just) and don't want to have to keep yanking up clothing that essentially doesn't fit me just because I'm short for the next 6 months. I've been trting to cope with the 'next size up' prodcuts, but most of them aren't designed to sit on your waist/over bump, so you end up constantly fiddling with them.
Next has a not bad range (I can buy about 3 pairs of trousers atm), but you have to pay p&p and sign up to one of their accounts basically, and my credit rating is none of their damn business...they stock maternity in store and even xl legs, just not short legs...vexed!
Filled in your survey...good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now