Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Baby Wipes

(11 Posts)
Katherine01 Fri 15-Apr-11 11:30:42

hello Im going to be a new mum in June and I am trying to figure out how much things are going to cost.
Would anyone be able to advise how many packs of baby wipes you would normally go through a week? Many thanks

BluddyMoFo Fri 15-Apr-11 11:32:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

iwantavuvezela Fri 15-Apr-11 11:35:07

You can use re-usable wipes when at home, easy to use and wash, just dip in some water, and cleans babys bum nicely! I loved using these and never got used to the "smell" of babywipes (although still used them for when out and about)
I had about 12-24 resuable wipes which i used for almost 2.5 years!

yama Fri 15-Apr-11 11:37:59

Some of the brand ones have nasty, caustic ingredients. Stick with supermarket middle of the range ones (not the cheapest ones but still much cheaper than brand).

greentig3r Fri 15-Apr-11 11:40:29

We use reusable wipes too. Cheap fleece blanket cut into wipes, wet with water (though you can use herbal teas to make them smell nice and olive oil to soothe bottom). Used ones go into nappy bucket then machine washed.

Katherine01 Fri 15-Apr-11 11:41:35

Thanks for the advise I was going to use Pampers sensitive wipes. Has anyone used this brand?

DarkSkies Fri 15-Apr-11 11:45:01

When my babies were newborn, I just used cotton wool (pleat, from boots or supermarket) and plain wamr water, nothing else.
Once they were bigger, I used huggies pure wipes (unscented), or Nature babies biodegradable (but £££) which seem less chemically than others. My DS has very bad eczema but these don't irritate him at all.

You can use muslins or flannels cut into small pieces too- usually on the real nappies board there's good 'recipes' for a wash, with tea tree or lavender oil in the water.

iwantavuvezela Fri 15-Apr-11 11:48:11

Dont quote me on this, but i think it is recommended not to use wipes for the first week or two?
but second darkskies as well, also used cottong wool when dd was newborn
try some re-usables you wont regret it!

Katherine01 Fri 15-Apr-11 11:58:14

Thats great, thanks all.

mimmymouse Tue 28-Jun-11 11:50:28

Hi Katherine,

I use Pampers sensitive wipes with aloe and camomile. My daughter had very sensitive skin (eczema) and they are terrific. I buy in bulk from Amazon - 9 packets of 63 for around £8. That generally lasts a month or so. It is much cheaper than Boots. I think Kiddicare do a similar deal.

Previous posts are correct - using cotton and water is recommend for the first few months. I used Boots Organic Fairtrade cotton wool pads where one wipe is almost always enough to wipe a nappy change and they do not disintegrate. You know about Boots parenting club? Well worth joining!

Good luck with the baby!

DeepPurple Tue 28-Jun-11 11:53:53

I use the pampers sensitive ones. I shop around for them on offer rather than paying full price. I aim to get them at £1 a pack. When they are on a good offer I buy loads. I probably use 3 packs a week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now