Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Bedding

(7 Posts)
bargainbaby Sun 03-Apr-11 21:23:35

We're expecting our first child in July and are planning on bed sharing (or at least trying it). I love the idea and it feels right but I'm a little unsure on a few of the practicalities. Firstly do we need to get any special bedding - i.e organic or special sheets of any kind? Secondly, we have a firm (not sprung) mattress which is about 10 years old - is that fine or do we need to get a new one? I think we're pretty much clear on the main safety aspects (have read Deborah Jackson's '3 in a bed') but would be grateful for any further practical advice.

Honeydragon Sun 03-Apr-11 23:18:27

no special bedding required, I used a light blanket over dd and my top half and kept pillows well away etc. I have never heard of the need for organic bedding etc. If you have a sicky baby you might want to get a mattress protecter nearer the time, but that's all. smile

bargainbaby Mon 04-Apr-11 15:26:22

That's great thanks! I was hoping that was the case but wasn't too sure.

Sammy100 Tue 26-Apr-11 22:54:17

Try these guys for bedding, they are pretty good. baby bedding

beckychalks1973 Mon 23-May-11 10:51:56

Might be worth investing in a cellular blanket, although they can really vary in quality. We bought one from Yorkshire Linen which has served us well smile

www.yorkshirelinen.com/product-details/2/104/906

mymouse Wed 22-Jun-11 20:54:28

Bedding became really important to us when our son was about 2, he would get so hot at night - then too cold - we were up and down all night. Someone recommended trying natural fibe bedding which allows the body to maintain an even temperature when sleeping. We went for lovely soft wool bedding which is also hyperallergenic and one that had really good credentials. Amazing - we have never looked back! Super company with loads of advice & knowledge, really kind people as well www.whitecloud.co.uk. They now do a baby & junior range - a brilliant investment. It really doesn't matter that you can't machine wash some of the duvets - a good sponging, airing on the clothes line or a dry clean.

Jacko100 Mon 05-Sep-11 09:32:21

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now