Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Leapfrog Fridge Phonics – Fridge Phonic or magnetic word builder?

(6 Posts)
LondonSuperTrooper Wed 15-Dec-10 16:03:31

Just as the title above really. Does anyone recommend getting either of them? Which is best to get? I?m hoping that Mnetters with more experience can give their recommendations smile

Thanks!

BlathIceSkate Thu 16-Dec-10 09:46:54

We've got the Fridge Phonics. In fact, I've got 2 sets as each of my children's names have 2 of at least one letter so we couldn't write out their names with just one set.

DD (1) loves them and already knows how to press the button to make it sing the alphabet song.

DS (3) is not so bothered but does play occasionally and can now pick out letters when asked. Not sure it's helped with his phonics yet but might come into its own a bit more once he's learning them at school.

TBH having them stuck to the fridge in the kitchen means that generally, if we're all around them, I'm trying to cook/wash up/clean kitchen rather than have time for playing. We don't play in the kitchen very often. Bath letters have worked a lot better for that.

LondonSuperTrooper Thu 16-Dec-10 10:59:35

Thanks for your reply and advice. I will not bother buying this now.

My DS is 3.4 and maybe like your eldest, it will not appeal to him.

grumpypants Thu 16-Dec-10 11:00:53

Well, all the dcs love the Fridge Phonics because it makes a noise but have learnt nothing...

LondonSuperTrooper Thu 16-Dec-10 11:23:03

LOL grin

BlathIceSkate Thu 16-Dec-10 11:33:54

I'd go for some foam bath letters instead. DS is 3.9 and picked out all the letters to write 'Daddy' and his friends name on the tiles last night with me just saying 'we need a d' etc.

There are far fewer distractions at bath time so it's a good time to play.

They're cheaper too smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: