Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

are GHD's worth the money?

(16 Posts)
FoJo Sun 07-Nov-10 14:28:36

Friend of DD aged 11 just got GHD straightners for her birthday. DD has been to her house and had her hair straightened and it looks FAB. I am worse than rubbish at hair and also, not exactly tight fisted, but dont believe in paying over the odds for a 'name'. We have tesco 'value' straighteners which cost about £14 about 4 years ago and when we occasionally try and straighten dd's hair (its quite straight anyway) it doesnt look any different. So that tells me that if we buy a pair for dd then they need to be a bit more expensive than the ones we have, but do we need GHD ones? Thx all

BooBooGlass Sun 07-Nov-10 14:29:47

You cannot get better imo. I don't know what it is about them, but even expensive alternative brands are not nearly as good

MaddonaldsMum Sun 07-Nov-10 14:30:20

yes

thighsmadeofcheddar Sun 07-Nov-10 14:30:22

Absolutely!

FoJo Sun 07-Nov-10 14:45:39

right, there you go then. Well grannies want to know waht to get her so that might be it sorted. Thanks again to all the wonderful mumsnetters out there!

uggmum Sun 07-Nov-10 14:47:49

I have some, They are great. I have had cheaper ones but they are crap.

Wish I bought them years ago.

Honeydragon Sun 07-Nov-10 14:52:07

what uggs mum said

onadietcokebreak Sun 07-Nov-10 14:58:20

Not for a 11 year old no- they wont appreciate their value.

For an adult yes- I look after mine and put away after use. Previous ones were stood on drunkely blush

FoJo Mon 08-Nov-10 06:12:05

goodness me onadietcokebreak, i read your post and thought 'yeah, well if gran buys them I can borrow them and who knows I could be transformed' I was thinking £70ish and then I had a look!!! She would look after them but I dont think she'd really appreciate them!

Honeydragon Mon 08-Nov-10 16:10:45

FoJo - stalk ebay! I looked for ages and eventually got mine for £30, they were 6m months old and unregistered so I wound up with a full warrenty too. Genuine sellers will provide the code if you ask so you can check on ghd's website before you buy whether they are genuine.

FoJo Tue 09-Nov-10 19:39:20

ooh, thats interesting honeydragon, thanks

onadietcokebreak Wed 10-Nov-10 21:33:10

You can also get them from ASOS for £100 but there is a 20% off code floating around normally.

I got my GHDs from their for £60 last January [smug]

TheOriginalNutcracker Wed 10-Nov-10 21:36:59

I have had GHD's and they were ok, and thats it.

I now have Remington ones and they are brilliant, way way better than my ghd's.

BrigitBigKnickers Wed 10-Nov-10 21:37:44

Totally-Yes grin

bessie26 Mon 06-Dec-10 20:23:39

yes

wendycolds Mon 03-Jan-11 10:59:21

oh yes! Love em and theyre better for your hair!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now