Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Organix Goodies Christmas Selection Box

(19 Posts)
BANGerskite Wed 03-Nov-10 10:44:19

I loved Christmas selection boxes when I was younger. Chocolate for breakfast and racing round like a sugared up loon for the whole day

But now I'm the parent and I have to deal with the hyper child, I'm understandably not so keen - and I think at 3 and a half, DS is still a bit too little for all that chocolate all at once - which is why I was pleased to find out that Organix have created a special selection box, full of their "Goodies" range of treats for children over 12 months.

It's got some of DS's favourites in it - Mini Gingerbread Men, Alphabet biscuits and a Raspberry and Apple Oaty bar - plus Oaties biscuits and an Apple and Orange Oaty bar which we haven't tried before. The mini bags and bars are wrapped up in a very festive looking red and green box - the perfect size and shape for a stocking filler - and there is even a pop out Christmas farm scene to create, complete with Christmas tree, inside the lid.

We had one to test and DS loved it. He needed some help popping the cardboard pieces out but then played with the scene for a lot longer than I had expected he would. He loved the bright packets inside too and immediately wanted to try everything. He decided on the Apple and Orange Oaty bar in the end and proclaimed it to be "Yummy" grin

It's a fab idea I think. He's happy because he's got a box full of treats and I'm happy because those threats are Wholegrain with no Hydrogenated fats, no artificial colours or flavourings, no hydrogenated fats and with no added salt and they don't send him on a sugar rush that's bound to make him hard work for the rest of the day. OK, so it's not a Mars bar but at his age, he doesn't really mind.

Ideal for when Selection boxes are a family tradition but you really don't want them to have all that chocolate or when older siblings have selection boxes and you don't want to leave a younger family member out.

I'll be buying a couple more for stocking fillers I think as DD will be 1 by then and can join in the fun rather that trying to steal her brothers treats

Funkychunkymunky Wed 03-Nov-10 10:46:22

It sounds great. Where did you get it from?

littleducks Wed 03-Nov-10 10:47:18

How much did organic pay you to post that?

Dylthan Wed 03-Nov-10 10:49:03

Another one here who would like to know where you got it from?

BANGerskite Wed 03-Nov-10 10:51:49

BTW, if you'd like one too, they cost £2.99 and are available in Boots or via Ocado online.

whomovedmychocolate Wed 03-Nov-10 10:52:47

<Ignores blatant advertisement>

Excuse me if I introduce a science angle here but actually dried fruits etc DO produce a sugar rush. Just because it isn't white and crystalised doesn't mean it's sugar.

BANGerskite Wed 03-Nov-10 10:57:02

Not advertising, not being paid - I did maybe have a bit too much fun writing that though

domesticsluttery Wed 03-Nov-10 10:59:00

I like the typo:

"I'm happy because those threats are Wholegrain"

I do like to threaten in a more healthy fashion grin

chippy47 Wed 03-Nov-10 11:02:53

OP -I am not sure I believe you when you say you are not being paid. You are at least an advocate for Organix or work in marketing writing copy.

BANGerskite Wed 03-Nov-10 11:03:10

oops blush

Wholegrain threats - It's the lentil weaving Mummy way to discipline grin

BANGerskite Wed 03-Nov-10 11:04:42

Nope Chippy. Long time Mumsnetter. Am Blatherskite when it's not nearly bonfire night - been here for ages. Not written copy since I worked for the Uni newspaper when I was 19.

domesticsluttery Wed 03-Nov-10 11:04:53

grin

Actually they sound quite nice, and my DC would probably have loved one when they were toddlers as they loved Organix cereal bars.

chippy47 Wed 03-Nov-10 16:06:45

Selection boxes fall into the treat category therefore chocolate is compulsory. They eat healthy the rest of the year.

greeng0dde55 Tue 28-Dec-10 12:32:13

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

angelde1ight Wed 29-Dec-10 13:57:58

You seem very well informed on what must be commercially confidential info. I smell a rat. hmm

greeng0dde55 Fri 31-Dec-10 19:05:02

PfftTheMagicDragon Fri 31-Dec-10 19:07:49

This is the bizarrest thread EVER.

greeng0dde55 Wed 05-Jan-11 16:57:26

singledadoftheyear Wed 05-Jan-11 17:20:51

Youre right. A poor exchange. Your contact details in exchange for some cheap crap plastic box. Its probably full of harmful chemicals and made in a country where they block Google and lock up political dissidents. Organix should be ashamed for doing this. This is one time when I'd like to hear from BANGERskite and the Organix PR people. Whats their excuse. If they are going to give away plastic crap, why can't it come from a UK supplier? Maybe, even, make it from recycled plastics.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: