Talk

Advanced search

Misheard song lyrics!

(112 Posts)
PocketTasha Thu 28-Jul-05 23:05:33

I'm guessing you guys must have some great ones. i'm in need of a laugh! One of the best i've heard was dh recently admitting that he only recently figured out the words to "buildme up buttercup" He mis heard "I'll be home, I'll be beside the phone waiting for you" for "I'll be home a baby xylophone waiting for you"!!
Honestly!

sallystrawberry Thu 28-Jul-05 23:09:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Nbg Thu 28-Jul-05 23:09:31

PMSL!

Dh thought the Joss Stone song "Diggin on me" was Picking on me and a House of Love song called Shine on was, Shamon (Micheal Jackson stylee!)

sallystrawberry Thu 28-Jul-05 23:09:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WigWamBam Thu 28-Jul-05 23:11:27

My dh always thought that Reward started with "Bless my cotton socks, I'm in the nude". And "She's Gone" is always "Cheese Scone" in our house.

Our friend's little girl was singing "Silent Night" many years ago, and when she got to the bit about "holy infant so tender and mild" she was singing "holy insect".

PocketTasha Thu 28-Jul-05 23:23:12

ROFL about the holy insect! Chilren have a licence to dont they. My friends little boy used to sing twinkle little star as " like a dino in the sky" instead of diamond!

BadHair Thu 28-Jul-05 23:29:06

My friend used to sing "They're justified and ancient and they drive a nice green van". Mind you this was the same person who sang "Like a rubber doll I'll come bouncing back to yoo hoo hoo".

For years I sang "The Queen is dead boys, and its such a lovely day" so I can't talk.

PocketTasha Thu 28-Jul-05 23:32:18

badhair am i being really thick What was the "queen is dead boys supposed to be"?

cutekids Thu 28-Jul-05 23:32:30

believe me badhair,if you're old enough to remember that song-as indeed i am-we are justified and ancient!!!

PocketTasha Thu 28-Jul-05 23:35:17

ok am i being thick or naive? Or both .

BadHair Thu 28-Jul-05 23:39:54

"The Queen is dead boys and its so lonely on a limb", I think.

BadHair Thu 28-Jul-05 23:40:44

Sorry hit post too fast. It's The Smiths.

bettythebuilder Thu 28-Jul-05 23:41:12

All the "justified and ancient" lyrics were so odd that a nice green van makes more sense!

lockets Thu 28-Jul-05 23:44:06

Message withdrawn

astonished Thu 28-Jul-05 23:45:51

My sister thought Kylie's 'i've had my share of hearts broken' was 'i've broke my chair my hearts broken!!!!

bettythebuilder Thu 28-Jul-05 23:46:20

Two friends at uni were shocked about the song "You and me endlessly", thinking it was about a menage a trois - "you and me and Lesley"!

Skribble Fri 29-Jul-05 00:03:27

I always sing "walter matty doors" instead of automatic doors.

Bouj Fri 29-Jul-05 01:41:00

My sister used to sing 'take your pants down, and make it happen' for the flashdance song. Always really loud and in public places. Tee hee, having remembered that, I must tease her about it!

lunachic Fri 29-Jul-05 01:42:16

nightowl Fri 29-Jul-05 02:02:13

dont know what the song was (some mushy old number) but it sounds like "taking this crazy chance to pee on the lawn" (taking this crazy chance to be all alone).

and toni braxton's "unbreak my heart", right at the end "sage and onion, sage and onion" etc.

moozoboozo Fri 29-Jul-05 02:07:15

I used to think that "send her victorious" in the National Anthem was "send her Victorias" and I used to wonder what her maj did with all those girls called Victoria. Mind you, I think I was about 5.

PocketTasha Fri 29-Jul-05 10:30:49

lol night owl, that song is "secret lovers" pee on the lawn.

As for the National Athem i always thought the next bit was "Half way to be taurius" but again i was only about six!

alicatsg Fri 29-Jul-05 10:54:56

There's Blondie's "and you'd pee on your skis if it weren't for your job at the garage" (Picture this - and you'd be on the skids if it...) and the Annie Lennox classic "Its alright babies come in bags..."

personal best is "Josie Jump is my name, and I am on the game..."

Iklboo Fri 29-Jul-05 11:00:27

My mate was convinced the U2 lyrics for "She moves in mysterious ways" were

"Shamu, the mysterious whale".

Still PMSL whenever I hear the song

Sponge Fri 29-Jul-05 11:20:01

Ah so many. Michael Jackson's "keep on at the post office, don't stop till you get it up", Desmond Decker's "my ears are alight", "Can't remember the band but a dance song that sounded like "tea towel swirling through my mind"....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: