Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Calling all readers! Please can I have your feedback?

(8 Posts)
Racka Fri 10-Aug-07 11:06:40

I have been writing a (hopefully) amusing blog from the perspective of my baby who is bent on my total destruction. It's just a bit of fun but family and friends urge me to try and get it published. It's impossible for me to take their praise seriously given who they are, but I thought some relative strangers such as yourselves would be able to review it objectively and honestly. I really want some impartial advice. If you have any spare time (a rare thing, I know) I'd be eternally grateful for your thoughts. If you do choose to read it, please can you read it in chronological order, starting with 'Welcome to My World', the link's below. This is a big ask, I know so no problem if it's ignored!

Thank you.

http://www.breakingmummy.blogspot.com

Thunderpants Fri 10-Aug-07 23:19:52

I read lots of it and thought it was very funny. One criticism (if that's what you're after) would be that the language you use is a bit too complex for a baby, maybe it might be better phrased a bit more simply? Other than that, I think your family are right - go for it!

womba1 Fri 10-Aug-07 23:39:44

Racka.. what a brilliant piece of writing! It had me chuckling to myself while nodding in agreement and laughing out loud in places.

A great read... GO FOR IT!!!

BBBee Fri 10-Aug-07 23:43:11

it is really really good.

reminded me of Sue Limb.

pirategirl Fri 10-Aug-07 23:51:03

you write fantastically, you should def try and get published.

Or maybe approach a few baby mags, and do a small column, along the lines too??

Racka Sun 12-Aug-07 11:04:23

Thank you so much for taking the time to read it, I really appreciate it. You've given me to confidence to do something about it (and to grit my teeth and get over any rejections I get). If anything does come of it I'll be dedicating it to you all! I was worrying that if I believed what my family said that I might be like of of those delusional contestants on X-Factor who don't realise that they've been misled by their well-meaning, blindly-biased nearest and dearest. Thanks again. x

BBBee Sun 12-Aug-07 20:28:20

no you are not deluded. It is good. I would love it to be in one of the weekend papers or something.

Racka Thu 16-Aug-07 09:24:36

thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now