Talk

Advanced search

Crap housewife confessions

(12 Posts)
nicetoseeyoutoseeyounice Fri 23-Dec-16 21:48:35

I cannot fry and egg. Or boil one. Actually I just suck with eggs in general. It's scrambled or nothing at all. I've also never cooked an entire chicken and I wouldn't have the first clue how. I cook from scratch every night and would generally say I'm a decent cook. But I haven't mastered the basics. Anyone else want to confess their inadequacies in the housewife department?

Bluntness100 Fri 23-Dec-16 22:01:34

I'm fairly sure you could fry or boil an egg or roast a chicken, they are really easy, 🙄

MummyStep123 Fri 23-Dec-16 22:02:40

Urrrgggg!
Washing and ironing!!! I can never really bring myself to do it until I run out of clean undies 🙈

nicetoseeyoutoseeyounice Fri 23-Dec-16 22:15:10

I'm too afraid of the spitting oil to fry an egg! I hate frying anything in too much oil. I even cook bacon in the oven to avoid spitting fat. Oh yeh ironing. Shit, that's another thing I don't do.

ChocoChou Fri 23-Dec-16 22:15:55

I can't use a tumble dryer without shrinking everything.
I always get anxious cooking (plain) rice. End up taking the lid off/adding water when not needed. Etc
I am the worst at ironing and can't fold clothes properly
Also I never really know how many days I can use a towel for... blush

GeillisTheWitch Fri 23-Dec-16 22:18:01

I've never roasted a chicken either or any other joint of meat. I'm not a big meat eater anyway though.

I also don't iron my bedclothes, can't be arsed.

DumbledoresArmy Mon 09-Jan-17 15:24:04

I've never roasted any meat either.
I virtually cook nothing. DH does it.
I'm good at fish fingers, nuggets, pizza, oven chips....lol grin

ShowMeWhatYouGot Fri 17-Mar-17 12:01:52

I hide crumbs etc under the fridge/sofa grinblush

OnMyShoulders Fri 17-Mar-17 12:04:53

I can't sew to save my life. I once returned an item of clothing because a button fell off.

Koosh90 Sun 02-Apr-17 12:04:15

I don't iron full stop. Thankfully the free standing dryer we have gets out most creases lol 😁 Cleaning the tops of cupboards and behind units-nope not happening, what if there's a spider?!
I'd be terrible if I was single 😂

Ellybellyboo Sun 02-Apr-17 12:07:35

Can't make Yorkshire puddings or flap jacks and have ruined far too many baking tins to try again

Ironing - hate it. If DH wants his shirts ironed, he can do it himself.

Proper de-cluttering and sorting. I just don't know where to start. I hate clutter and stuff everywhere so I just shove it into drawers/cupboards. As a result, I have absolutely no idea where my passport is and have had order new birth certificates for my kids

Thinkingofausername1 Thu 23-Nov-17 21:52:46

I’m terrible at tidying.
Paperwork
Crap at cooking. Most decent thing I cook is a roast blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now