Talk

Advanced search

Crap housewife confessions

(11 Posts)
nicetoseeyoutoseeyounice Fri 23-Dec-16 21:48:35

I cannot fry and egg. Or boil one. Actually I just suck with eggs in general. It's scrambled or nothing at all. I've also never cooked an entire chicken and I wouldn't have the first clue how. I cook from scratch every night and would generally say I'm a decent cook. But I haven't mastered the basics. Anyone else want to confess their inadequacies in the housewife department?

Bluntness100 Fri 23-Dec-16 22:01:34

I'm fairly sure you could fry or boil an egg or roast a chicken, they are really easy, 🙄

MummyStep123 Fri 23-Dec-16 22:02:40

Urrrgggg!
Washing and ironing!!! I can never really bring myself to do it until I run out of clean undies 🙈

nicetoseeyoutoseeyounice Fri 23-Dec-16 22:15:10

I'm too afraid of the spitting oil to fry an egg! I hate frying anything in too much oil. I even cook bacon in the oven to avoid spitting fat. Oh yeh ironing. Shit, that's another thing I don't do.

ChocoChou Fri 23-Dec-16 22:15:55

I can't use a tumble dryer without shrinking everything.
I always get anxious cooking (plain) rice. End up taking the lid off/adding water when not needed. Etc
I am the worst at ironing and can't fold clothes properly
Also I never really know how many days I can use a towel for... blush

GeillisTheWitch Fri 23-Dec-16 22:18:01

I've never roasted a chicken either or any other joint of meat. I'm not a big meat eater anyway though.

I also don't iron my bedclothes, can't be arsed.

DumbledoresArmy Mon 09-Jan-17 15:24:04

I've never roasted any meat either.
I virtually cook nothing. DH does it.
I'm good at fish fingers, nuggets, pizza, oven chips....lol grin

ShowMeWhatYouGot Fri 17-Mar-17 12:01:52

I hide crumbs etc under the fridge/sofa grinblush

OnMyShoulders Fri 17-Mar-17 12:04:53

I can't sew to save my life. I once returned an item of clothing because a button fell off.

Koosh90 Sun 02-Apr-17 12:04:15

I don't iron full stop. Thankfully the free standing dryer we have gets out most creases lol 😁 Cleaning the tops of cupboards and behind units-nope not happening, what if there's a spider?!
I'd be terrible if I was single 😂

Ellybellyboo Sun 02-Apr-17 12:07:35

Can't make Yorkshire puddings or flap jacks and have ruined far too many baking tins to try again

Ironing - hate it. If DH wants his shirts ironed, he can do it himself.

Proper de-cluttering and sorting. I just don't know where to start. I hate clutter and stuff everywhere so I just shove it into drawers/cupboards. As a result, I have absolutely no idea where my passport is and have had order new birth certificates for my kids

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now