Talk

Advanced search

The One and Only Tea Room: Christmas craft sale here today!

(23 Posts)
christmasteafortwo Thu 18-Dec-08 22:52:18

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/one_child_families/664783-The-One-and-Only-Tea-Room-Tea-muffins-and-champagne

christmasteafortwo Thu 18-Dec-08 22:50:48

T42 sweeps the floor, puts chairs and tables back, locks up and carries Treeandmistlejoe home....

To the tearoom!!!

BoccaDellaNativita Thu 18-Dec-08 21:12:08

Treeandmistlejoe - I very definitely paid for those bibs. Unfortunately, dear, I think that in your intoxicated state in the confusion and excitement of the craft fair, you put my money into the aspidistra's pot instead of into your purse. Look, here it is.

<<Retrieves £5 note which bears the unmistakeable evidence of having been chewed by racingpig, the tea room guinea pig.>>

mistlethrushinapeartree Thu 18-Dec-08 21:07:54

Hi T&MJ - I see that I wasn't the last to join in!

TreeandMistleJoe Thu 18-Dec-08 20:57:54

she forgot her christmas hat too! shock

TreeandMistleJoe Thu 18-Dec-08 20:57:18

treeandmistlejoe races from her stall, via the hot mulled wine stand. arrives drunk and late but non the less willing to sing. whilst everyone is singing '12 days of christmas', treeandmistlejoe sings 'away in a manger' slurring words and hiccuping.

shock

<<takes a bow but stumbles, bangs her head and thinks she's seen bocca stealing a handmade bib>>

BoccaDellaNativita Thu 18-Dec-08 20:13:06

The Tea Room Ladaies' Chorus is growing by the minute!

Right ladies, gather up your scores, stand up straight, shoulders back, and SING

On the Twelfth day of Christmas, to the tea room I did bring

Twelve Clooney kisses, eleven racingpigs burrowing, ten gardeners gardening, nine cocktail shakers shaking, eight asipidistras flying, seven lemon muffins, six Mary Jane shoes, five feather boas, four fascinators, three cups of mocha, two currant buns and some soup with some lewd looking rolls.

shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock

<<The Tea Room Ladies' Chorus takes a bow.>>

mistlethrushinapeartree Thu 18-Dec-08 20:04:02

<<MT makes it back into the barn in time to hear the last few notes>> grin

reindeersnake Thu 18-Dec-08 18:15:24

<<Reindeersnake rushes in with a box full of doubtfully-pentagonal coasters, some of which have five sides and some not-totally-symmetrical Christmas tree decorations.>>

Sorry I'm late - am I in time for the encore? I feel ready to warble. Just left RC kneeling at Mellors' feet with the other dc's. Racingpig seems to have accompanied her.

How lovely Bocca's fascinator looks all frosted with snow.

And how beautifully T42 plays - the tea room ladies are a musical lot! (Not me!)

BoccaDellaNativita Thu 18-Dec-08 17:21:34

The Tea Room Ladies Chorus apply lipstick, straighten their fascinators, stand tall in their Mary Jane shoes and sing ...

On the Twelfth day of Christmas, to the tea room I did bring

Twelve Clooney kisses, eleven racingpigs burrowing, ten gardeners gardening, nine cocktail shakers shaking, eight asipidistras flying, seven lemon muffins, six Mary Jane shoes, five feather boas, four fascinators, three cups of mocha, two currant buns and some soup with some lewd looking rolls.

shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock

<<The Tea Room Ladies' Chorus in mid-warble.>>

Will there be an encore later?

christmasteafortwo Thu 18-Dec-08 17:09:08

T42 Strums guitar and like the Von Trapps the tearoom ladies do sing!!!!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!

BoccaDellaNativita Thu 18-Dec-08 16:13:02

<<Looks a little flustered. Her lipstick is smudged and her fascinator is awry.>>

I'm afraid Father Christmas' arrival has left me feeling a little, ahem, distracted.

<<Signor Bocca makes his first ever visit to the tea room, to see where it is that Bocca spends so much of her time and money.>>

""Daddy?" says BabyBocca, who until now has been looking on pensively.

"Yes, my darling little elf" says SignorBocca.

"Daddy, I saw Mummy kissing Santa Claus."

<<Bocca is covered in confusion and fake snow and wonders whether the Tea Room Singers could possibly get here a little sooner.>>

<<Blushes but smiles enigmatically at the memory of what she has just experienced under the mistletoe.>>

christmasteafortwo Thu 18-Dec-08 15:53:14

Notices babyBocca is dressed as an elf and is announcing the arrival of Santa....

All the Mum's gasp louder than the children as under the Santa beard and fake jelly belly is the definately very real George Clooney!!!

Free Nespressos all round!!!

Bocca - what a very good fayre this is turning out to be.

One hour until the singing, I think???

BoccaDellaNativita Thu 18-Dec-08 15:39:43

<Sticks not for sale to under 18s sign on the bread rolls.>>

christmasteafortwo Thu 18-Dec-08 13:37:11

T42 air kisses Mistlethrushinapeartree and compliments her on choice of wellies!!!

What lovely rolls... they remind me of something, but I can't think quite what?

Is it true the teashop choir will be singing the 12 days of Christmas by candle light at 5pm?

I had no idea this barn was so beautiful on the inside! What a great place to hold a christmas craft fayre.

Notices Mellors is doing a wood carving demonstation - look how he is tenderly carving a meek and beautiful Mary from such a wonderfully chosen piece of wood! The children sit silently cross legged at his feet awe and wonder in every cherub like face!!!!

BoccaDellaNativita Thu 18-Dec-08 13:36:05

I can also make rugs to order, you know. Will take ten minutes each (tea room time, that is).

Yes, we take Euros or any other hard currency, but no IOUs.

<<Bocca tries not to think about the exchange rate on her recent French holiday. sad>>

mistlethrushinapeartree Thu 18-Dec-08 13:27:35

<<MT rather likes the look of that red wine, mince pie and dog-hair coloured one for similar reasons that T42 is looking at the red rug, but wonders whether the playmobile pieces (like the flowers and the chicks) might get lost in the pile>>

mistlethrushinapeartree Thu 18-Dec-08 13:25:34

<<Mistlethrush sees that Bocca has done a good job putting things out on the table, so goes and gets a few of the homemade rolls that ds has helped to shape (he likes rockets) to see if they might help to rustle up a bit more business>>

christmasteafortwo Thu 18-Dec-08 13:24:58

T42 turns up with her christmas bonus in her pocket... a little lolly and really it was for dd.

Exchanges lolly for a beautiful (???) tree decoration.

Puts sweets made out of left over christmas cake marzipan on the table.

Seriously considers the wine coloured rug - sounds very sensible with all the wine that gets spilt in our household! Do you take Euros? Now lets remember the calculations... 1 euro = 1 pound now????shock

Do you have a special Baileys coloured rug too? - You see it could be just the thing for my Mum for Christmas time!

BoccaDellaNativita Thu 18-Dec-08 12:08:36

<<Bocca returns with a couple more trestle tables, artfully covered with a red velvet cloth. On the tables she arranges ...

From cmotdibbler: quince jelly, reclaimed felt tree decorations, and some cards, decorated by sonofcmotdibbler with hot air balloons.

From Mistlethrush: assorted hand-made Christmas tree decorations (of both adult-made and MistleJunior-made varieties), 2 knitted golf-club covers, 4 patchwork cushion covers, 5 jars of chutney, 6 plant pot covers cunningly crafted by MJ and a bottle of red wine to top up the mulled wine with for later. Bocca hides the last of these under the table.>>

BoccaDellaNativita Thu 18-Dec-08 11:58:47

Mmm, TreeandMistleJoe.

I'll buy four of those bibs for my friends' twins - do you have any with festive reindeer appliques?

Would you like to buy a rug? We have them in several sizes and colours. My favourite is the wine-red taffeta.

TreeandMistleJoe Thu 18-Dec-08 08:45:34

handmade edible christmas tree decorations made from chewed up rusks.

baby bibs made from all the clothes that fit me before i got pregnant.

fantastic homemade apple pies which ds has helped me with (as long as noone minds the dog hairs and baby spit.)

the rugs sound delightful grin

BoccaDellaNativita Thu 18-Dec-08 00:18:49

A great opportunity to buy beautiful hand-crafted gifts for your loved ones and objets for your home.

I am bringing

cashmere scarves in a variety of subtle yet modish tones
rag rugs, made from recycled ball gowns
bunting (available in cashmere, linen or organic cotton, colour-themed to match your decor)

What will you bring?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »