Talk

Advanced search

Christmas just the 3 of us

(3 Posts)
graziemille567 Thu 17-Oct-19 12:02:20

This will be our first Christmas just the three of us - me, DH and 6 YO DS. We live abroad and this year we aren't coming back to the UK and no family are visiting over the Christmas holidays - all fine, not unhappy about this, we love our families but happy to have a quiet Christmas just the three of us. Because of this, I'm looking for ideas on the day and in the build up to Christmas to make it just as good a Christmas for us all as it would be if we were back home with the rest of the family. We are in the Southern Hemisphere so it will be the middle of a roasting hot summer here in December which doesn't help when you're trying to feel festive!

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make the best of a quiet Christmas Day and how to help build up the festive feeling through December when we aren't living in the most festive of places? I always make a Christmas cake with DS and we do a lot of Christmas baking as well as watch the usual Christmas films.

I know it might seem like I am getting ahead of myself when there's still 2 months to go, but if we want to order anything from the UK we need to order it by early November to ensure it arrives before Christmas, so Christmas is at the forefront of my mind right now! I normally don't think about Christmas until the last minute so trying to be organised this year!

BooseysMom Mon 28-Oct-19 20:59:21

@graziemille567...that sounds like a lovely relaxing Christmas you have planned! We also have a 6 yo DS and spent Christmas Day last year just us three, then went to family boxing day. I must admit i really preferred doing our own thing and would have been perfectly happy to not see anyone else! But no can do! I think the plans you have sound perfect and you can suit yourself what order you do things in. Also i don't think it matters where you are too much, just that you're together. So i don't have any actual advice other than to wish you a wonderful Christmas just the three of you! santa

MinnieMountain Fri 01-Nov-19 15:31:15

Get your DS an advent calendar.

Find a recording of a pantomime to watch with popcorn and join in the shouting.

Make Christmas decorations together.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »