Talk

Advanced search

feel like a single parent

(4 Posts)
Emmamaeee Wed 28-Aug-19 15:59:15

hi,

I have a 17 month old son with my current partner who i've been with for 3 years. I got pregnant very early on in our relationship which has made it hard at times. My partner has always expressed a desire to go back to his former life, playing games until 2am and hanging out with friends. He will express that he'd love to just be able to see me once a week. He always tells me that he wasn't ready to be a father and that i shouldn't make him feel guilty when i ask for help, or a break. We don't live together and he works full time as well as having nights where he goes out approximately 2/3 times a week.

I feel like a single parent yet at the same time I also feel as if I'm asking to much from him. It makes me feel guilty. He says its what mums do, take on most of the responsibilities. He has never experienced looking after our son like i do, on my own all day without help.

Am I in the wrong?

Elliesmommy Wed 28-Aug-19 16:01:57

Get rid of him asap. Sounds manipulative and controlling and also like hes not capable of being a father. If I were you I would go it alone. Move on enjoy life and find someone who make you and your child happy

Emmamaeee Wed 28-Aug-19 16:06:13

It's hard because I do love him so much.

Fgsdl Wed 28-Aug-19 19:24:00

To be honest it sounds like you're a single parent already with a fella that pops in when he can be bothered with you and baby.

If he wasn't ready to be a father he should have taken as much responsibility with making sure he didn't have a child.

And your son will pick up on all of this and it will affect his self esteem. You've done an amazing job for 17 months so far, don't feel like you need him!

My heart is really going out to you but I agree with pp about him being manipulating. You shouldn't feel bad to ask for help from the father of you child.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »