Talk

Advanced search

CiciB

(1 Post)
CocoPixieBindi1 Wed 28-Aug-19 01:29:41

I have a DS who is 10 years old and I had never considered another baby as I had a terrible pregnancy/ birth experience. I was on anti sickness meds for severe morn sickness, I had vertigo which I was also on meds for. At 12wks pregnant my scan detected a large ovarian cyst, this continued to grow rapidly throughout my pregnancy but I was constantly dismissed by the hospital staff for any concern I had, I was terrified after a scan showed my cyst was ‘complex’ but still the hosp wouldn’t allow me to elect for a c-section even though there was a risk of rupture during natural birth and my baby was measuring very large.
Cut a long story short after a 27 hr labour at 41wks I was rushed for an emergency c-sec as my baby was stuck and I felt like my back was about to snap in half. I was put under general anaesthetic and woke up hours later to see my 9lb 5oz baby boy and a bucket containing a 6lb ovarian cyst. This was later staged as a 1A mucinous tumour. My Fallopian tube and ovary had been removed and I was cut vertically externally and both vertically and horizontally internally. Luckily my baby was healthy, I however went on to suffer from severe postnatal depression and was on 150mg amitriptyline for 4 years. I was referred for corrective surgery to my stomach twice as I have significant diastis recti but was turned down due to funding.
And now ten years later I long to give my DS a sibling and I can’t believe I’m even considering it. I just don’t know how I could think of going through anything like that again. Feel like I’m in limbo.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »