Talk

Advanced search

Tired of being alone

(6 Posts)
Melyn Tue 25-Jun-19 22:52:37

Hey, so a bit of context, I moved 3 hours away from my family and friends from Wales to England to be with my partner and apart from dh's family I have no family close. I've tried going to baby groups but everyone sits in their own cliques, I've tried using Mums groups on Facebook and organizing meetups which have fallen through, dh has an Uncle and wife with a 2 year old boy (same age as my ds), but I'm the one that makes the plans all the time and they don't seem interested despite my son being their great-nephew, they know everyone where we live so they never run out of people to talk to. I feel really lonely all the time and I don't have anyone to turn to and it's getting me down. I don't drive either so that makes matters worse, I want to learn but I can't afford the lessons right now. I don't know, I just needed to air my feelings.

HennyPennyHorror Wed 26-Jun-19 03:16:22

Does your son go to school yet? I promise you it gets better when they go to school. What about getting a part time job?

DressingGown Wed 26-Jun-19 03:29:03

Have you tried posting on Mumsnet local to where you are? You might get some good suggestions for activities near you and/or people who might like to go with you? So sorry you’re feeling isolated at the moment. I hope it gets easier soon. (I’m in Scotland, so no use!)

Dandelion1993 Wed 26-Jun-19 03:52:24

Try the mush app.

I found a few lovely groups and people on there.

Melyn Wed 26-Jun-19 08:57:36

He doesn't go to school yet and I won't be sending him nursery for another year yet as we don't get funding for it until he's 3. Thank you for the suggestions I'll give them a go. smile

snoopy18 Sun 21-Jul-19 16:36:13

How about swimming classes or something that you and baby can go to? I’ve found cliques here too it’s rather annoying but going to keep try going to other places something needs to work out ha

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »