Talk

Advanced search

Need advice with newborn

(4 Posts)
Cfgmail Sun 28-Apr-19 13:39:14

Hi mums, my baby girl is currently 3 weeks old and she’s been very unsettled the past couple of days, she constantly wants fed and she doesn’t seem to be getting full but I can hear her swallowing and seems to be latched on properly, she’s had lots of wet nappies and she isn’t dehydrated so I know she is getting plenty of fluid but she hasent pooped since Friday and barely slept for the past 48 hours, she’s content when being held but as soon as I set her in her pram or Moses basket she starts to cry, I’m very tired and starting to get worried about her, she doesn’t have a temperature or anything so I’m not sure what could be annoying her, I’ve winded, constantly fed, changed and tried everything and she just won’t sleep for more than 15 minutes

Birdie6 Sun 28-Apr-19 13:43:54

It sounds like she is cluster feeding - it's common at this stage and can be a worry, but it's perfectly normal. Here are some tips breastfeedingneeds.com/newborn-cluster-feeding-tips

MoreSlidingDoors Sun 28-Apr-19 13:47:57

Read up on the fourth trimester. There’s a massive growth spurt at this time and it’s completely normal for them not to want to be put down at all.

ConstanzaAndSalieri Sun 28-Apr-19 13:48:58

Just to echo PPs, this is a really, really tough time but it sounds completely normal. Sorry - but it will improve!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »